What's new

$10 Zippos at Walmart with pipe insert

Ozark Wizard

I had recently misplaced a Marlboro Adventure Team Zippo I got from a now deceased friend of mine a while ago, so picked up a chrome Zippo from the local Walmart for ten bucks. No pipe insert, but I think I prefer the standard insert. Hope I find the other one, but during the interim I will have to get by with this. It's great!

Coda

I had recently misplaced a Marlboro Adventure Team Zippo I got from a now deceased friend of mine a while ago, so picked up a chrome Zippo from the local Walmart for ten bucks. No pipe insert, but I think I prefer the standard insert. Hope I find the other one, but during the interim I will have to get by with this. It's great!
I’m with you, I prefer the standard insert...

Grimpeur

Yep, I have a couple of them from Walmart.

I grab a bike inner tube while there, & cut ranger bands from it. Wrapped around the Zippo seam between the top & bottom halves of the lighter, it drastically reduces the rate of lighter fluid evaporation.
I'm trying to form a mental picture of what this looks like; not happening. Are you able to post images?
I've heard of the vaseline trick, but I was very much able to form a mental image of a few ways that could go wrong for me.

tipofthelake

Fire in big hole, small hole in face--WalkinStick
Patron
I'm trying to form a mental picture of what this looks like; not happening. Are you able to post images?
I've heard of the vaseline trick, but I was very much able to form a mental image of a few ways that could go wrong for me.
I believe he's saying that he puts the band around the joint (on the outside) of the zippo where the lid meets the case. I imagine that you flip the band out of the way to use the lighter, but the rest of the time it functions as an external gasket.

Edit: found a pic on Google
86cd31fb543e6c54ca46705956c15f00.jpg

jaysmokespipes

Patron
Is that a recent purchase ? I haven't seen those in our local Walmarts. Thanks.
Yes. sorry for the delay, blackmouth answered precisely what i would have said - same location at the walmart near me although just yesterday i was at a different walmart and the same lighters were behind the counter with the chewing tobacco/dip/cigs etc.
the only thing i would say for review is the flame is kind of low. i adjusted it all the way and it isn't as big as i would like but for the money its a great backup or to have laying around as an extra.