Sold! 1990 Dunhill Shell 5103

dbutler

Sales
Many of my pipes have not been getting the love they deserve, and have been begging me to find them new homes. Up for sale here is one such pipe - a 1990 Dunhill Shell 5103. It was the first Dunhill I ever bought, but I never smoked it... perhaps I was intimidated? Truth be told, I purchased it as part of an estate lot that included a 1987 Peterson Deluxe that had cast a spell of PAD over me.

This pipe was barely smoked by it's previous owner. It has a sterling silver band marked "P.P.D." over " Washington D.C." over "1990" (I've tried to crack these enigmatic codes - What is PPD? Why is this english pipe marked Washington DC? - but the answer has thus far eluded me).

The one flaw worth mentioning is a small nick on the right side of the stem, which should be visible in the pictures

I'm asking $275 shipped to CONUS, PayPal friends and family. Cheers!

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg
IMG_0945.jpg
IMG_0940.jpg
The nick on the stem --> stem nick.jpg

Codgerindecline

Sales
PPD = Principal Pipe Dealers

Dunhill hosted a dinner each year during the annual show of the Retail Tobacco Dealers Association for their retailers. That show was in Washington DC in 1990. Before dinner, dealers could select their merchandise for the fall season from table after table of pipes, lighters, humidors and leather goods.

Top Bottom