2019 Latest Pipe Smoking Purchase

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
I made up for a slow year at the pipe show today.
View attachment 43408
Four estate pipes, Solani Mango Flake and Mad Fiddler Flake. Freebies were smoker's mints, PS Amsterdam, Brigham pipe nail, leather tobacco pouch, Sutliff Eastfarthing, and a tin I blended at the blending seminar.
Let me know what you think of that mango flake. I’ve been saying I’d try it for years and haven’t still. I think that I know your tastes well enough to know whether I’d like it, if you do.

Tortuga

Let me know what you think of that mango flake. I’ve been saying I’d try it for years and haven’t still. I think that I know your tastes well enough to know whether I’d like it, if you do.
I took my wife to pick up a new phone after the pipe show. This took forever, so I pulled out that little Orlik Billiard I bought, stuffed some mango flake in it and sat in the grass next to the store. With a rough rub and 0 dry time, it smoked all the way down. Great flavor all the way through. I regret not buying more.

Peacock

When I get old imma be real cool
Patron

Tedvig

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
I normally wait until they get in my hand to post a picture but I’m pretty stoked about this one.

Back in the spring at the Chicagoland show I picked up a faux blasted bent bulldog from Andrea Gigliucci. It has become one of my favorites. I get excited every time it comes up in the rotation (ok, it might actually keep bumping its way to the front of line more often than not).

Well this morning Andrea posted on Instagram a Square Dublin Faux-blast with a triangular shank and ebony wood inlay. He had me at Dublin. Payment sent and shipment commencing.

After the Kansas City pipe show my pipe budget is blown to heck. Unplugging from all social media until further notice.

View attachment 43194 View attachment 43195 View attachment 43196 View attachment 43197 View attachment 43198 View attachment 43199
Dude! WHAT! Dude? Dude.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Some I bought, some were given to me for reviews, and a few things were given to me for the helluva of it: 7 year old tin of Hamborger Veermaster, 2013 tin of Wessex Campaign Dark Flake, a tin of Plum Pudding (final prototype before 2013 Sutliff production), a tin of Tobacconist Reserve Ltd. Blend 07, (sold only at B&Ms) a tin of Tobacconist Reserve Ltd. Virginia (sold only at B&Ms), a tin of Sutliff Panna Cotta, a pouch of the soon to be released Amphora English, a tin of Cup O' Joes No.23 Anniversary Blend, an old tin of Mac Baren Navy Flake, an old tin of Mac Baren Mixture Flake, 4 tins of Sutliff's Crumble Kake Va.Per, samples of McClelland Deep Hollow and Virginia Woods, a sample of Ashton Black Parrot, a sample of B&B Rasputin's Revenge, an ounce or more of Pebble Castle (made by @Ozark Wizard ), a sample of McConnell's Latakia Flake, big samples of Ken Byron Ventures King Black and Spaghetti Western, and big samples of West's Best Exhumed Virginia, and Mountains of Madness. Plus, a tin of Three Nuns Green, and a 1970s pouch of Revelation.

Last edited:

PugetPiper

That's a great looking pipe! I've been enjoying my older kaywoodie pipes lately. Congrats!
Thanks! It’s a ‘600’ model 50B, which would seem to date it between 1959-1967, so I guess this would also be an older Kaywoodie. Apparently the ‘500’ and ‘600’ models were considered “low-end” pipes, but with such nice grain and no obvious fills I am certainly impressed with their definition of “low end.” $29 on the ‘Bay ... I couldn’t pass on it.

headrott

Some I bought, some were given to me for reviews, and a few things were given to me for the helluva of it: 7 year old tin of Hamborger Veermaster, 2013 tin of Wessex Campaign Dark Flake, a tin of Plum Pudding (final prototype before 2013 Sutliff production), a tin of Tobacconist Reserve Ltd. Blend 07, (sold only at B&Ms) a tin of Tobacconist Reserve Ltd. Virginia (sold only at B&Ms), a tin of Sutliff Panna Cotta, a pouch of the soon to be released Amphora English, a tin of Cup O' Joes No.23 Anniversary Blend, an old tin of Mac Baren Navy Flake, an old tin of Mac Baren Mixture Flake, 4 tins of Sutliff's Crumble Kake Va.Per, samples of McClelland Deep Hollow and Virginia Woods, a sample of Ashton Black Parrot, a sample of B&B Rasputin's Revenge, an ounce or more of Pebble Castle (made by @Ozark Wizard ), a sample of McConnell's Latakia Flake, big samples of Ken Byron Ventures King Black and Spaghetti Western, and big samples of West's Best Exhumed Virginia, and Mountains of Madness. Plus, a tin of Three Nuns Green, and a 1970s pouch of Revelation.
Congratulations on the great samples you received Jim. There are some good ones in there (and some I haven't tried and looking forward to your reviews!) I think I asked @Ozark Wizard what Pebble Castle is (consists of), but I either missed or didn't get an answer. Do you know what Pebble Castle consists of Jim? I was thinking Pebble Cut and Tudor Castle....... Definitely interested in the answer. Thanks fellas!

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Congratulations on the great samples you received Jim. There are some good ones in there (and some I haven't tried and looking forward to your reviews!) I think I asked @Ozark Wizard what Pebble Castle is (consists of), but I either missed or didn't get an answer. Do you know what Pebble Castle consists of Jim? I was thinking Pebble Cut and Tudor Castle....... Definitely interested in the answer. Thanks fellas!
That's what I heard.

Ozark Wizard

Old Ted Award Winner
Yah, no. There's no McClelland tobaccos in Pebble Castle. It does however have similar components. Red, stoved, and Carolina Virginia, Yenidji, Macedonian and Izmir Orientals, some Perique. I named it Pebble Castle as an homage to both those blends that were on the chopping block due to post 2007 manufacturing.

kentuckyguy

Yah, no. There's no McClelland tobaccos in Pebble Castle. It does however have similar components. Red, stoved, and Carolina Virginia, Yenidji, Macedonian and Izmir Orientals, some Perique. I named it Pebble Castle as an homage to both those blends that were on the chopping block due to post 2007 manufacturing.
Are you buying blending tobaccos or using your home grown to make it?

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
Just arrived is a Radice Rind Rhodesian. When @Slow Tri posted a Radice Rhodesian recently I mentioned I had my eye on one. This is it. I'm stopping now.

As the sage philosopher W.C. Fields said about adult beverages: "Now don't say you can't swear off drinking: it's easy. I've done it a thousand times."

Photos are from SP. Somehow they do a lot better job than I can with a desk lamp and a cell phone. I will post one of my own later in the WAYS thread.

002-030-3291_1.4369.jpeg 002-030-3291_2.3128.jpeg 002-030-3291.2825.jpeg