2019 Latest Pipe Smoking Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipofthelake

Fiddlesticksing sick of politics and posturing
Patron
Thanks. I think? I actually didn’t pay much for it. It’s probably too flashy for me, but I just really liked it.
:unsure:

This from the guy in pink shorts with purple and white stemmed pipes, once pictured wearing a vietnamese cone hat?

You're probably right, best to send it to @JRobert now and get it over with.:poke:

That's A LOT of London Blend to "try", or were you referring to another? Stuff ain't cheap.
Yeah, I might have gotten a bit over zealous on the London Blend. The fact that it's been off the market for several years and was brought back for a limited run made me want to stock up. I love burley blends and this was classified as "burley" blend and not an aromatic....I'm still trying to make up my mind about that. I definitely taste the chocolate topping but it's not overpowering and the burley taste does come through. My jury is still out on whether this will be one of my go to burleys so I may have a few tins to trade.

millarddj

Perpetual whippersnapper
Yeah, I might have gotten a bit over zealous on the London Blend. The fact that it's been off the market for several years and was brought back for a limited run made me want to stock up. I love burley blends and this was classified as "burley" blend and not an aromatic....I'm still trying to make up my mind about that. I definitely taste the chocolate topping but it's not overpowering and the burley taste does come through. My jury is still out on whether this will be one of my go to burleys so I may have a few tins to trade.
Well you make it sound like I'll enjoy it! I got it because I really like the "soft" burley blends with some light topping (Carter Hall, Chatham Manor, PA, SWR), so I was banking on this being somewhat similar, which is just what I'm looking for.

Well you make it sound like I'll enjoy it! I got it because I really like the "soft" burley blends with some light topping (Carter Hall, Chatham Manor, PA, SWR), so I was banking on this being somewhat similar, which is just what I'm looking for.
Yes, it sounds like it's right up your alley. Please let me know what you think after you try it. Would love to hear the thoughts of a more experienced pipe smoker/pallet.

My tobacco purchases last week have arrived:

7oz of Peter Heinrich’s Curly Special and 3.5oz Dark Strong Flake,
2 tins of SG Cabbie’s Mixture,
4 tins of CD Sun Bear,
Vauen Oxford Blend,
Pouch of Five Brothers,
WCC Flake 558, Old Dominion, and watch City Slices.
Opened this Vauen Oxford tin today. I dig it. It reminds me of Rattray Exotic Orange, but less sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.