What's new

2019 Latest Pipe Smoking Purchase

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
After receiving this year's POY and waxing on about the Radice brand I got a PM from @WalkinStick suggesting the Al Pascia site. I looked at it, but already had my eye on one from SP. Yet, I found myself returning to the site and found another. (Make me stop. :roflmao:) As I looked at it and mentioned how I was using Alexa to help with all the metric measurements Jake pointed out there's a button for that -- right above the pipe dimensions. Doh. But, he never mentioned the pipes arrive gift-wrapped. Here's the package before opening, my shot of the pipe and one of their shots of the same pipe. I'll take a cue from @mongo and have to deviate from MMM now and again for, you know, "conditioning."

IMG_20190311_095740_kindlephoto-6657341.jpg IMG_20190311_095945_kindlephoto-6695135.jpg Screenshot_20190306-104456_kindlephoto-10699807.png

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
After receiving this year's POY and waxing on about the Radice brand I got a PM from @WalkinStick suggesting the Al Pascia site. I looked at it, but already had my eye on one from SP. Yet, I found myself returning to the site and found another. (Make me stop. :roflmao:) As I looked at it and mentioned how I was using Alexa to help with all the metric measurements Jake pointed out there's a button for that -- right above the pipe dimensions. Doh. But, he never mentioned the pipes arrive gift-wrapped. Here's the package before opening, my shot of the pipe and one of their shots of the same pipe. I'll take a cue from @mongo and have to deviate from MMM now and again for, you know, "conditioning."

View attachment 26598 View attachment 26599 View attachment 26600
I wanted to leave the packaging a surprise. My first pipe from Al Pasciá made me want to quit buying them anywhere else. They make you feel like a customer should.

SpiritOf76

Patron

Congratulations, Jeff! Let us know how she smokes!

Steve Wright

Blissfully unaware
Sales

Nice pipe. Great presentation. Makes it feel like Christmas all over again.

KarlMaldensNose

Patron
Received a couple of things in the mail.
500g GH Coconut twist
500g GH Coniston Cut Plug
500g GH Louisiana Perique Flake
500g GH Maple Twist
View attachment 25740 View attachment 25741 View attachment 25742 View attachment 25743
That sure is a beautiful sight, Steve. I know we're in the same neck of the woods, and for me, that kind of order would bring on the nervous sweats. You breaking those boxes up into separate orders or simply rolling the dice and accepting that getting a few Customs bills once in a while is just part of doing business in Canada? I ask because I'm still chipping away at my cellar goals with tiny orders of around 250 grams each. For the record, about 1 in 5 of my orders still get dinged.

Steve Wright

Blissfully unaware
Sales
That sure is a beautiful sight, Steve. I know we're in the same neck of the woods, and for me, that kind of order would bring on the nervous sweats. You breaking those boxes up into separate orders or simply rolling the dice and accepting that getting a few Customs bills once in a while is just part of doing business in Canada? I ask because I'm still chipping away at my cellar goals with tiny orders of around 250 grams each. For the record, about 1 in 5 of my orders still get dinged.
I break them up. One 500g box per order. I don’t want to push my luck. If I order from Smoking pipes I keep it around the 250g weight order for some reason those orders get snagged most of the time.

KarlMaldensNose

Patron
I break them up. One 500g box per order. I don’t want to push my luck. If I order from Smoking pipes I keep it around the 250g weight order for some reason those orders get snagged most of the time.
I think it's because SP clearly lists the contents as tobacco, and tin-by-tin description/weight, at that. Hard to get that through unnoticed. When I mentioned my success rate of about 4 in 5 orders getting by unscathed, that's overall. For Smoking Pipes orders that rate drops to 1 in 2. Anyways, thanks for sharing. I know it's a touchy subject for some Canucks.

Steve Wright

Blissfully unaware
Sales
I think it's because SP clearly lists the contents as tobacco, and tin-by-tin description/weight, at that. Hard to get that through unnoticed. When I mentioned my success rate of about 4 in 5 orders getting by unscathed, that's overall. For Smoking Pipes orders that rate drops to 1 in 2. Anyways, thanks for sharing. I know it's a touchy subject for some Canucks.
My watch city order last week was 12 oz and it made it through no problem. Just a thought if you are looking to order again.