What's new

2019 Latest Pipe Smoking Purchase

MakDragon

Former PSF Wizard
Sales
Patron
From the @MakDragon herd thinning comes a gorgeous unsmoked (Not for long) Tinsky Rhodesian.
Bill-thanks for flawless execution in the buying process-Pipe is awesome View attachment 26955
Thanks for your kind words!
So glad you like that pipe!!
It was a very difficult one to let go but......
Enjoy sir and smoke it in good health!!!

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
Someone told me that STG bought the Esoterica line. So "Stonehaven" is what WAS Dunhill Dark Flake, and "Penzance" is actually Fusilier's Ration they buy in bulk from Russ O. Mac Baren makes the rest.....:poke:
Dunhill Dark Flake? Never heard of it. Maybe you mean McConnell’s Dusky Wafer? Or is it Charatan now?

jpberg

The Worst Thing about the Internet
Staff member
Sales
Not really a purchase but I had a Bonfiglioli and a Castello that needed new tenons, so I sent them to Dave Walker. Folks from GFO may remember Charles Spencer... years ago he sent me a handful of his "field pipes" given how often I used to break pipes back in the day. Well I got several of those spiffed up and re-stemmed too because they were getting a bit funky.

I probably spent too much refurbing them but I enjoyed the gift and want to keep them in use. Plus I almost lost a Castello in a snowbank while fishing last year and an Ashton almost got swallowed by the river this year, so. Always need a good field pipe.
Charles Spencer field pipes. Have you heard from the old boy lately?

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
It’s been a great two days at mail call. Today Castello #8 arrived. A Castello Fiammata from @tfdickson. Absolutely gorgeous pipe. I am so happy Ted smoked a couple bowls in it so I don’t have to have that discussion with the guy in the mirror. I can enjoy with zero guilt. It came with a surprise Baccy bomb.
View attachment 27065
Not to mention the fact that those first few bowls are expensive! I drove the Ferrari off the lot and into your driveway.

:roflmao: