What's new

2019 Latest Pipe Smoking Purchase

blackmouth210

Jerry Ford

Tried the smokingpipes estate credit deal but was beat out to the pipe I wanted before credit was applied. Enjoy that spigot whoever you were, jerk. Did however find another pipe I've been watching for, much cheaper, house money anyway, so I grabbed another pound of HH Burley Flake and Sutliff Match RR to accompany. Hope they get another spigot in but this works for me.

Wow. That is my kind of pipe. I have a similar one made by Rattray. Yours is super sweet.

Old Tom

Just placed an order for two pounds of Mac Baren Old Dark Fired Flake more my collection.
I've found this blend to be my 'go-to' blend for its smoking qualities, especially its slow burning qualities.
"A bold flake of dark-fired burleys in a well balanced unity with flue-cured Virginias. Mac Baren's HH Old Dark Flake is hot pressed, meaning that during the pressing, heat is added by steam to the tobaccos which causes the tobacco to intensify the marrying process giving us a bolder tobacco. The robust, earthly flavor of the dark-fired Burleys shines through in the taste, and you will experience a deeply satisfying smoke indeed."
The last order gives me free shipping.
Now for the wait...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well here is a bit of a sad one.

My wife's grandmother passed recently, at an advanced age, and going through her effects, we found her own father's last pipe. This was something of a surprise, since she was not the eldest.

It is probably his "church" pipe, since it isn't a cob, which he was known to love. Some cobs were in the same cabinet, but they were in no condition to be preserved :(

It's a "Thermofilter," a well known American make. It has eight or ten putty fills. It's about a Dunhill group 1 size. It's really not a great pipe. And while it is well-smoked, you can tell he never, ever, changed the filter.

I am probably not going to smoke this one. I just wanted to hang on to a token of my wife's grandmother's family.

Serenity

Burn out Bright
First pipe of 2019 is on its way... a Brigham panel in the chinook finish. Did you know that the logo is inlaid metal in the Brigham acrylic bits? Most lines are brass, but the Chinook line is silver in color; I believe it’s aluminum. Anyhow; this is the first square shank Brigham panel I’ve seen and I’m looking forward to smoking it. Happy new year gents.
View attachment 21502
Your square shank Brigham sent me on a long winded journey to smokingpipes checking them out. It's against my religion to covet, so I'll leave it at, here's to you enjoying that beauty smoking every bit as good as it looks. Enjoy!