2020 latest pipe smoking purchases

MichaelE

My kids gave me a Sav Bing's Favorite a few years ago, and it's one of my favorites. I'd definitely like to straighten the stem, not because it bothers me (it actually feels very good), but to make it a bit more "Bing". Interested in what you find out about straightening it and what your issues were with the first two. Mine's a great smoker and have had not issues with it at all.

That's why I want it straightened too. Not that I don't like the curve, but Bing was never photographed (that I know of) smoking a pipe with a curved stem. I don't know why Savinelli would make a pipe and call it Bing's Favorite with a curve in the stem.

sperrytops

OK, I noticed a posting from someone else on the Den that KBV has some new blends up. I ordered some Notorious and Byronic Fragments to try out. Notorious is self explanatory, but I'm curious as to what I'll find with Byronic Fragments. In any case, I enjoyed Byron's poetry in College and my girlfriend enjoyed my reading it to her. So I have high expectations.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron
View attachment 66208 This is my first Radice. Grabbed it during SP’s estate sale last week for a really good price. It is in FANTASTIC shape. Hardly smoked from the looks of it. It’s a twin bore grade O. I’m pretty stoked.

Now that is a proper looking pipe, I really like it.
It has a very distinguished air about it...congratulations!

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron
Mail Call, or should I say Land Ho!

I had asked J. Everett to make a pipe for me, and he happily agreed to do so and today she made land.

I wanted a straight pipe and one of a shape I also did not have, we settled on a cutty.

J. is great...he picked my brain about what exactly I wanted.

He takes great care to make sure things were just right and included me in the process by doing so, a lot of fun

I wanted a pipe inspired by those colors you used to see in the 40’s and 50’s and 60’s at the beaches in Florida..a little retro.

I mentioned that most cutty pipes I see are all a bit stodgy, I wanted something fun and with a little eye candy.

He already knew about my like of colorful pipes, so I just told him....”go nuts, I trust ya"

This thing is wonderful, it is light, has a nice chamber depth and the length is just right...feels great in the hand and clenches wonderfully, cannot wait for it to cool off outside and go for a first smoke.

Thanks again J...

And here she is...

E552F2B6-7760-4754-8465-4197B46B40B7.jpeg
6134EF9D-BC06-442A-8F4A-B6A85E170D1C.jpeg

IMG_20200625_132700 (1).jpeg

EC405242-C9CC-4245-8932-516ADDBAC39E.jpeg
D0ED2E73-BBF9-4FF9-BF7B-F9D52F37FAD8.jpeg
IMG_20200625_132605_1 (2).jpeg

Cramptholomew

Has not made a Big Mac pancake.
Sales

I had asked J. Everett to make a pipe for me, and he happily agreed to do so and today she made land.

I wanted a straight pipe and one of a shape I also did not have, we settled on a cutty.

He takes great care to make sure things were just right and included me in the process by doing so, a lot of fun

I wanted a pipe inspired by those colors you used to see in the 40’s and 50’s and 60’s at the beaches in Florida..a little retro.

I mentioned that most cutty pipes I see are all a bit stodgy, I wanted something fun and with a little eye candy.

He already knew about my like of colorful pipes, so I just told him....”go nuts, I trust ya"

This thing is wonderful, it is light, has a nice chamber depth and the length is just right...feels great in the hand and clenches wonderfully, cannot wait for it to cool off outside and go for a first smoke.

Thanks again J...

And here she is...

View attachment 66214
View attachment 66215

View attachment 66220

View attachment 66216
View attachment 66217
View attachment 66219
You're welcome, my main man! It was a pleasure doing this for you, and I've sincerely enjoyed the banter back and forth. You're a great guy.

Bouwser

Thanks again J...

And here she is...

View attachment 66214
View attachment 66215

View attachment 66220

View attachment 66216
View attachment 66217
View attachment 66219
Awesome pipe! It looks like it will give you many happy smokes. @Cramptholomew is the real deal and makes a beautiful pipe. Enjoy!

MasterJoda

Thanks again J...

And here she is...
That is a SWEEEEET pipe! But that last picture of Gumby is a little questionable. On the quick scroll I flew by it and was like “what tha heck?”:ROFLMAO::roflmao: