2020 latest pipe smoking purchases

sperrytops

Mail Call, or should I say Land Ho!

I had asked J. Everett to make a pipe for me, and he happily agreed to do so and today she made land.

I wanted a straight pipe and one of a shape I also did not have, we settled on a cutty.

J. is great...he picked my brain about what exactly I wanted.

He takes great care to make sure things were just right and included me in the process by doing so, a lot of fun

I wanted a pipe inspired by those colors you used to see in the 40’s and 50’s and 60’s at the beaches in Florida..a little retro.

I mentioned that most cutty pipes I see are all a bit stodgy, I wanted something fun and with a little eye candy.

He already knew about my like of colorful pipes, so I just told him....”go nuts, I trust ya"

This thing is wonderful, it is light, has a nice chamber depth and the length is just right...feels great in the hand and clenches wonderfully, cannot wait for it to cool off outside and go for a first smoke.

Thanks again J...

And here she is...

View attachment 66214
View attachment 66215

View attachment 66220

View attachment 66216
View attachment 66217
View attachment 66219
Beautiful pipe. Cramps did a pipe for me and it has a similar blue Juma stem (I think that's what it is).Mine is a straight rusticated billiard. It's a smaller pipe that I easily throw in my pocket and take with me when I go out for walks. Enjoy.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron
Beautiful pipe. Cramps did a pipe for me and it has a similar blue Juma stem (I think that's what it is).Mine is a straight rusticated billiard. It's a smaller pipe that I easily throw in my pocket and take with me when I go out for walks. Enjoy.

I got to have the first smoke last night and was taken back as to how well I liked it.
Quite a departure from my other pipes.

Cramptholomew

Has not made a Big Mac pancake.
Sales
I think that might have been my 15th or 16th pipe, can't remember. Actually, 21st, I looked back. And my first actual billiard.

MakDragon

Optomistic Curmudgeon
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Mail Call, or should I say Land Ho!

I had asked J. Everett to make a pipe for me, and he happily agreed to do so and today she made land.

I wanted a straight pipe and one of a shape I also did not have, we settled on a cutty.

J. is great...he picked my brain about what exactly I wanted.

He takes great care to make sure things were just right and included me in the process by doing so, a lot of fun

I wanted a pipe inspired by those colors you used to see in the 40’s and 50’s and 60’s at the beaches in Florida..a little retro.

I mentioned that most cutty pipes I see are all a bit stodgy, I wanted something fun and with a little eye candy.

He already knew about my like of colorful pipes, so I just told him....”go nuts, I trust ya"

This thing is wonderful, it is light, has a nice chamber depth and the length is just right...feels great in the hand and clenches wonderfully, cannot wait for it to cool off outside and go for a first smoke.

Thanks again J...

And here she is...

View attachment 66214
View attachment 66215

View attachment 66220

View attachment 66216
View attachment 66217
View attachment 66219
Beautiful!!!
Love the stem!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't pick up many of these really old ones, but I have a weakness for meerschaum and real amber stems. Both came with their original cases.

WDC Meerschaum with amber stem, probably 1870-85.
CPF Briar with amber stem - late 1800's?

View attachment 66405
Wow these look hardly smoked!

Do you suppose that could be the original finish on the CPF "Griffon" pipe?

FrankHall

Won't Curse You
Sales
Wow these look hardly smoked!

Do you suppose that could be the original finish on the CPF "Griffon" pipe?
Yes, I feel certain it's the original finish - it took a lot of beeswax and polishing to bring it back. The CPF internals were very nasty, but by the end of last night I had a clean, pleasant smoke. I decided only to do the externals on the meerschaum and don't plan to smoke it.

'Before' pics:

before.jpeg