2020 latest pipe smoking purchases

Sonarman

Wanted a blend that was heavy on the burley, with a touch of latikia. Searched what I had, found D-7845. Liked it, and found that “American” blend is as much a thing as a Balkan and placed an order for some various blends that are matches because American blends aren’t really a thing. Anymore. Depending on how you look at it. FADC62EB-B0ED-4B0D-8221-735156E65461.jpeg

FrankHall

Won't Curse You
Sales
This 'Irish Seconds' on the right just arrived today. There were no measurements given so I assumed it was a little nose-warmer! (that's a standard-size Peterson 309 next to it).

Not sure why it got tossed in the basket, unless maybe it was made too big and couldn't be brought down to the size of any standard Peterson shapes?

20201016_123937.jpeg

Wiggus

I have to say that I am very pleased with myself. I won this French Harrington Park in the ‘bay. In the photos it was a deep amber color and the stem was oxidized. In reality it looked like a clod of dirt; just a flat dull brown with not much grain showing.

I had nothing to lose so I spruced up the stem first, then went to work on the briar with 1000 grit, then proceeded upwards. I didn’t want to get to bare wood. I just wanted to knock the outer gunk down. Five coats of Danish Oil and a carnuba buff later and it’s gorgeous.

I can’t find much about Harrington Park. It must be a B-grade brand since there are a couple fills. I’m going to give it to the friend who got me into smoking 20 years ago.

242B7A21-B5B6-482D-A793-11A4C60F5B0B.jpeg

Yakster

I have to say that I am very pleased with myself. I won this French Harrington Park in the ‘bay. In the photos it was a deep amber color and the stem was oxidized. In reality it looked like a clod of dirt; just a flat dull brown with not much grain showing.

I had nothing to lose so I spruced up the stem first, then went to work on the briar with 1000 grit, then proceeded upwards. I didn’t want to get to bare wood. I just wanted to knock the outer gunk down. Five coats of Danish Oil and a carnuba buff later and it’s gorgeous.

I can’t find much about Harrington Park. It must be a B-grade brand since there are a couple fills. I’m going to give it to the friend who got me into smoking 20 years ago.

View attachment 75648
Good job, @Wiggus, looks great!

View attachment 75648
Hudson Universal Pipes.

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Old Ted Award Winner
I have a pipe from Moretti with the same color scheme. Unstained briar, with a marbled blue stem. Sand and blue ocean. A vacation pipe... unless you live where there's blue water all the time. LOL

Here's a picture of it from when it arrived:

View attachment 75685
That’s awesome. I’m pretty sure that thing could eat the one I just got! Moretti has put out some real sledgehammers.

gnossos

the pineapple on your pizza
Patron
When you're tired of main stream tobacco, I can't recommend Tabac Manil enough. I've had the 3 varietals, all are great.

post image
I really do like this stuff but never smoke it because of the ribbon cut

Like the "thick cut" is a ribbon and the rest seems to be cigarette shag tobacco

But boy, is that a unique and delicious tobacco when I somehow get it going correctly. I'd love to see it in a thick ready rub or something, or maybe try the semois plugs.

WrightwoodJohn

Patron
I really do like this stuff but never smoke it because of the ribbon cut

Like the "thick cut" is a ribbon and the rest seems to be cigarette shag tobacco

But boy, is that a unique and delicious tobacco when I somehow get it going correctly. I'd love to see it in a thick ready rub or something, or maybe try the semois plugs.
The reserve du Patron, which I think is labeled medium cut, couldn't be easier to prep/load, because there is no prep.
Just sprinkle it into the bowl, give the bowl a few taps, then press & your done!