2020 latest pipe smoking purchases

millarddj

Perpetual whippersnapper
Patron
I like Petersons too, but my experience buying Petersons without first examining them in hand has about a 33% success ratio.
I appreciate the elucidation on Petersons. I have purchased 5 Petersons online, and sold or traded three. One more is on its way out. The only solid one is A System Standard that's older. I'm at the point where I simply won't buy a Pete again unless it's sold me personally by someone I trust, which pretty much means PSD.

FrankHall

Well-known ember
Sales
I appreciate the elucidation on Petersons. I have purchased 5 Petersons online, and sold or traded three. One more is on its way out. The only solid one is A System Standard that's older. I'm at the point where I simply won't buy a Pete again unless it's sold me personally by someone I trust, which pretty much means PSD.
Yeah, I've mentioned that pipe-maker for the last time on this forum. From now on it's Radices and those made by our artisan pipe-maker forum members only. @millarddj -looking forward to receiving and fixing your pipe when it arrives, and thank heavens it wasn't made by P*******

Oh, and today's mail included a pipe made by a fantastic artisan, but not a forum member yet (he said he's going to join), a clay pipe that is harmless enough and I don't think is on anyone's black list (made by Lepeltier), and a .... nevermind.

Yeah, I've mentioned that pipe-maker for the last time on this forum. From now on it's Radices and those made by our artisan pipe-maker forum members only. @millarddj -looking forward to receiving and fixing your pipe when it arrives, and thank heavens it wasn't made by P*******

Oh, and today's mail included a pipe made by a fantastic artisan, but not a forum member yet (he said he's going to join), a clay pipe that is harmless enough and I don't think is on anyone's black list (made by Lepeltier), and a .... nevermind.
It's all in good fun.

I have a number of Petersons I like just fine.

And without the monthly Peterson-bashing, what would we discuss around here ? :D

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Sales
Patron
All from the same place?
Oh no....Today was Watch City and The Country Squire and yesterday was Peretti and the Boswell I got with my pipe...just been too lazy to post them right when I get them...but these are my latest purchases.
Should have the other Boswell pipe tomorrow and a couple ounces with it.
To edit: That was actually two separate W.C. orders for those keeping score..been in work mode in the shop and not taking a lot of pics.
The good news is I can finally see my entire desktop :thumb-yello:

millarddj

Perpetual whippersnapper
Patron
Yeah, I've mentioned that pipe-maker for the last time on this forum. From now on it's Radices and those made by our artisan pipe-maker forum members only.
Wasn't trying to pile on. FWIW I rarely have time to read back through the thread. Pretty much just saw Dave's comment because it was where my notifications took me and responded.

MakDragon

Optimistic Curmudgeon
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Oh no....Today was Watch City and The Country Squire and yesterday was Peretti and the Boswell I got with my pipe...just been too lazy to post them right when I get them...but these are my latest purchases.
Should have the other Boswell pipe tomorrow and a couple ounces with it.
To edit: That was actually two separate W.C. orders for those keeping score..been in work mode in the shop and not taking a lot of pics.
The good news is I can finally see my entire desktop :thumb-yello:
Try the Christmas Cookie yet?

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Sales
Patron
Try the Christmas Cookie yet?

No...after much deliberation I ordered my first “Christmas Pipe” and am awaiting it’s arrival...and hopefully I can make it at least till Thanksgiving.....self denial when half heartedly applied kind of thing...
I will say the tobacco smells, well, so good you really think you could eat it!
Got some Christmas coffee coming from Mystic Monks and with all these things and a healthy beard and belly I should feel downright Christmasy. :sailor: