2020 latest pipe smoking purchases

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron
Meh....same hobby different paths.

I have my reasons for not keeping in mylar...and kudos to those that do.

Maybe it's PTSD for all the MRE's I had...or as we called them Meals Refusing to Exit...:)

Canning is something I have done my whole life, always have a big garden, so this was just a nice way to spend an afternoon on a rainy day in quarantine.

For my personal tastes, I prefer it in a clean Ball glass jar and labeled on the lid.

OCD? Maybe...

I like seeing it, and I like the ease of use, it is all personal preference.

No skin off my nose for a little extra work.

YMMV

M

millarddj

Perpetual whippersnapper
Patron
Meh....same hobby different paths.

I have my reasons for not keeping in mylar...and kudos to those that do.

Maybe it's PTSD for all the MRE's I had...or as we called them Meals Refusing to Exit...:)

Canning is something I have done my whole life, always have a big garden, so this was just a nice way to spend an afternoon on a rainy day in quarantine.

For my personal tastes, I prefer it in a clean Ball glass jar and labeled on the lid.

OCD? Maybe...

I like seeing it, and I like the ease of use, it is all personal preference.

No skin off my nose for a little extra work.

YMMV

M
Good answer. My reasons for mylar are purely space related - totally agree about the visual appeal of keeping in jars.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron
Thanks...I totally understand the space issue, I still have some in pouches and tins stashed for lack of space....always scanning local Craigslist for someone getting rid of an old hutch.....I just built some cheap pine shelves for the ones I use the most.

The most satisfying aspect is that it makes me smile whenever I set down in the man cave. IMG_1578.jpeg
IMG_1574.jpeg

Islayphile

Thanks...I totally understand the space issue, I still have some in pouches and tins stashed for lack of space....always scanning local Craigslist for someone getting rid of an old hutch.....I just built some cheap pine shelves for the ones I use the most.

The most satisfying aspect is that it makes me smile whenever I set down in the man cave. View attachment 62408
View attachment 62407
Great looking space.

jabs

View attachment 62407

At my slow consumption rate, jarring is the long-term option for me.

Debating on placing a new order for MB Rustica plus others in my cart at TP.com. Question though: should I wait for a sale or is $55/lb for MB HH flake justified? Not really itching to buy, but will do so if the price is good. Just don't have recent price/sales reference.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron
Great looking space.
Thank you, still a work in progress.

I consider myself a self proclaimed cheapskate..95% of that came form Craigslist, auctions, fleabay, and antique stores and Lowes for the shelf & corbels....this quarantine crud has really put a dent in my scrounging :mad:

Thats ok, more time and money to order an excess of pipes and tobacco!

RazorBlast

Thought I'd stock up on some new to me tobaccos, and some snuff (which is new to me altogether) so I got the following:

Kendal Ennerdale Pipe Tobacco 50g (Tin)
Mac Baren HH Latakia Flake Pipe Tobacco 050g (Pouch)
Kendal Coniston Cut Plug Pipe Tobacco 50g (Tin)
Revor Plug Pipe Tobacco 50g (Pouch)
Condor Long Cut Pipe Tobacco 50g Pouch
Kendal Bosun Cut Plug Pipe Tobacco (Loose)
McChrystal's Aztec (Formerly Chocolate) Snuff - Mini Tin - 3.5g
Gawiths Kendal SP Snuff - 10g
Wilsons of Sharrow - Tom Buck Snuff - Small Tin - 5g