2020 latest pipe smoking purchases

SmokeRings

Patron
Meh....same hobby different paths.

I have my reasons for not keeping in mylar...and kudos to those that do.

Maybe it's PTSD for all the MRE's I had...or as we called them Meals Refusing to Exit...:)

Canning is something I have done my whole life, always have a big garden, so this was just a nice way to spend an afternoon on a rainy day in quarantine.

For my personal tastes, I prefer it in a clean Ball glass jar and labeled on the lid.

OCD? Maybe...

I like seeing it, and I like the ease of use, it is all personal preference.

No skin off my nose for a little extra work.

YMMV

M
I will gleefully starve before I ever eat another MRE, and I also prefer canning jars for the purpose of storing tobacco, it works just fine, I enjoy the aesthetic, and I don't feel the need to change at an extra expense presently.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Can't help much. I never really paid much attention to OTCs until I got back into pipes about 12 years ago.
Okay. I asked because a friend got a 1970s tub of CH, and was wanting to know. I got lucky because he sent me an ounce of it. Same taste, but a tad deeper in flavor, and it's gotten a little savory over the past 40-plus years.

MakDragon

Optomistic Curmudgeon
Patron
Do you happen to know when Middleton started using plastic tubs for CH? Seems to me they were metal through the 1980s, but I don't know when the change occurred.
Can't help much. I never really paid much attention to OTCs until I got back into pipes about 12 years ago.
12 years ago. CH couldnt keep up making metal ones the way Doug was buying CH.

I’ll go saddle up now....