2020 latest pipe smoking purchases

SmokeRings

Patron
Meh....same hobby different paths.

I have my reasons for not keeping in mylar...and kudos to those that do.

Maybe it's PTSD for all the MRE's I had...or as we called them Meals Refusing to Exit...:)

Canning is something I have done my whole life, always have a big garden, so this was just a nice way to spend an afternoon on a rainy day in quarantine.

For my personal tastes, I prefer it in a clean Ball glass jar and labeled on the lid.

OCD? Maybe...

I like seeing it, and I like the ease of use, it is all personal preference.

No skin off my nose for a little extra work.

YMMV

M
I will gleefully starve before I ever eat another MRE, and I also prefer canning jars for the purpose of storing tobacco, it works just fine, I enjoy the aesthetic, and I don't feel the need to change at an extra expense presently.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Can't help much. I never really paid much attention to OTCs until I got back into pipes about 12 years ago.
Okay. I asked because a friend got a 1970s tub of CH, and was wanting to know. I got lucky because he sent me an ounce of it. Same taste, but a tad deeper in flavor, and it's gotten a little savory over the past 40-plus years.

MakDragon

Optimistic Curmudgeon
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Do you happen to know when Middleton started using plastic tubs for CH? Seems to me they were metal through the 1980s, but I don't know when the change occurred.
Can't help much. I never really paid much attention to OTCs until I got back into pipes about 12 years ago.
12 years ago. CH couldnt keep up making metal ones the way Doug was buying CH.

I’ll go saddle up now....