2021 latest pipe smoking purchases

FrankHall

Sales
Holmes and Watson stopped by last night. Don't ask why - it's a mystery. They left in a hurry when they heard my coonhound returning from a walk with my girlfriend - neither was too crazy about loud, hungry hounds.

In their haste they left their pipes. I had to ask myself, what would @Condor do? And so I am keeping them. But half a bottle of Talisker for two old pipes seems like a fair deal to me.

20210222_115451.jpg

gnossos

the pineapple on your pizza
Patron
I decided to take a chance on this Upshall. The seller has another but I think the stem is a replacement. I gave a low-ish ball offer and had it accepted.

All I know about it are the photos and that it is "compact" and has "a slight taint on the tip of the stem" and that it is supposedly a P grade.

I think the fact that the shank stamping isn't naturally colored may be an indicator to help date it. At some point they switched from stamping (pressing stained wood into itself) to engraving (carving away to fresh, bright wood) or vice versa (I forget which). I think the engraved ones are "more desireable" if memory serves, but this looks like it should burn OK.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.06.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.06.44 PM.png

Merk3030

Tripe Leader
Patron
Holmes and Watson stopped by last night. Don't ask why - it's a mystery. They left in a hurry when they heard my coonhound returning from a walk with my girlfriend - neither was too crazy about loud, hungry hounds.

In their haste they left their pipes. I had to ask myself, what would @Condor do? And so I am keeping them. But half a bottle of Talisker for two old pipes seems like a fair deal to me.

View attachment 91073
What you recommend for cleaning the cherry wood finish?

Condor

View attachment 91073
Something similar happened to me except it was The Condor who left the pipes with the great hunter Jim Corbett . Naturally he returned them to me saying he was very sorry that I had left them . That it was his fault . I would have cuffed him about the head and ears for not bringing them back sooner since I suspected he smoked them just so he could write about the incident !