6mm Balsa filters

Mikewood

So who knew there was a balsa wood shortage? Not me. At least in 2020, according to the google. Blame wind turbines, blame COVID, blame Ecuador, but don’t blame pipe smokers, we can’t be using that much balsa wood.
I would look at the vast numbers of people out of work over the last year and the uptick in model building and general hobby stuff. Hobby Acrylic paint was almost impossible to find last summer and fall.

Balsa sheet is pretty cheap and you can make a “filter” out of just about anything it’s more of a stinger or heat sink in the pipe and does no real filtering in the way a paper cone filter or water filter does. As the smoke passes by the filter I the tar and smoke condenses on the surface of the “filter”.

BeansandBalance

Half Caffeinated
So who knew there was a balsa wood shortage? Not me. At least in 2020, according to the google. Blame wind turbines, blame COVID, blame Ecuador, but don’t blame pipe smokers, we can’t be using that much balsa wood.
Probably all the worlds supply is now stuffed way too hard into a particular Chinese mineshaft, starting in December 2020, to soak up any remaining things in that space. The worlds strongest shaft tool/cleaner ain’t going get access to that dottle.