What's new

A new to me Edward's estate

andythebeagle

Of all the aromatics I've smoked, my favorite, by far is Scotty's Butternut Burley. Never smokes hot, never bites my tongue, always smokes clean, leaves no dottle, has a great mouth feel, and is, depending on the pipe, always mild and at the same time has a robust flavor. I read somewhere that the taste is akin to 1Q. 1Q can't hold a candle to it.

I just now had the thought that some Latikia might taste good in it. Not much. Just a taste. I like what Latikia does for a blend when used as an added spice or condiment.

Today, it's in a new to me Edward's estate. The guy who sold this thought it is an Acorn. What do you think the shape is? I just now opened the box, ran a pipe cleaner with ISO alcohol to see if it would get rid of the terrible ghost of something nasty that had been smoked previously in it, and to sterilize it to make sure no one else's DNA was in it. Thank the stars that the ghost ran off and the pipe was really clean. So, I loaded it with Scotty's Butternut and set it alight. What a wonderful smoke. I've several Edward's and they are all perfectly made and smoke great.

ED EDWARDS CARVED BENT ACORN.jpg

craig

Of all the aromatics I've smoked, my favorite, by far is Scotty's Butternut Burley. Never smokes hot, never bites my tongue, always smokes clean, leaves no dottle, has a great mouth feel, and is, depending on the pipe, always mild and at the same time has a robust flavor. I read somewhere that the taste is akin to 1Q. 1Q can't hold a candle to it.

I just now had the thought that some Latikia might taste good in it. Not much. Just a taste. I like what Latikia does for a blend when used as an added spice or condiment.

Today, it's in a new to me Edward's estate. The guy who sold this thought it is an Acorn. What do you think the shape is? I just now opened the box, ran a pipe cleaner with ISO alcohol to see if it would get rid of the terrible ghost of something nasty that had been smoked previously in it, and to sterilize it to make sure no one else's DNA was in it. Thank the stars that the ghost ran off and the pipe was really clean. So, I loaded it with Scotty's Butternut and set it alight. What a wonderful smoke. I've several Edward's and they are all perfectly made and smoke great.

View attachment 21052
no better pipe smoking feeling when the perfect pipe and tobacco come together in harmony.
as for the shape bottom half looks like a Dublin top half bull Dog.....the Dublin bull....cool ring to it don't you think?.