What's new

Aged Bob's Chocolate Flake

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
Jake sent me some Bob's with about 6 years on it. I have smoked a LOT of Bob's but this batch is probably the oldest I've had and it's... "interesting."

Everything about the blend has mellowed except the latakia. I generally consider the latakia in Bob's barely noticeable but in this stuff it is fairly pronounced.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Really the big question is how did Jake own Bob's for 6 years without smoking it all?
Makes you think.
I had it stashed in a tote full of Latakia blends. I quit smoking Latakia 2-3 years ago, and forgot about the whole tote. I was looking for London Mixture to send to Dave, and ran across the jar.

Edit: Hell, I wonder if it just got dosed with Latakia by proximity. That tote smelled like a dumpster fire when I opened it. This may be mystery solved.

Ozark Wizard

Jake just found 900grams of McClelland #24 he didn't know he had. So... Yeah.
McClelland 24? What's that like?

I've some 2009 BCF I got from a guy who was tired of Lakelands back in 2012. I jarred it up in small containers and dip in on occasions. Seems to me the chocolate faded, the Lat disappeared, and I'm left with nice dark sweet brooding flakes with no discernible flavours other than well aged tobaccos. Maybe this stuff is past it's prime, but it's still a fine smoke. Guess I'll dig some out and try it again to refresh the ol' grey matter....

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
McClelland 24? What's that like?

I've some 2009 BCF I got from a guy who was tired of Lakelands back in 2012. I jarred it up in small containers and dip in on occasions. Seems to me the chocolate faded, the Lat disappeared, and I'm left with nice dark sweet brooding flakes with no discernible flavours other than well aged tobaccos. Maybe this stuff is past it's prime, but it's still a fine smoke. Guess I'll dig some out and try it again to refresh the ol' grey matter....
Thanks for chiming in Wizard.
It sounds like BCF slooowly turns into Bob's Square Cut Unscented. And that's fine I like BSCu/s.
But I like BCF more.

My takeaway so far: "Smoke it within 5 years."

Last edited: