Altinay

Russ H.

Patron-Fight The Good Fight
This thread is so informative. Although I do not own an Altinay pipe it is extremely, and truly wonderful that Mr. Altinay has came here to PSD and offered up such great information. I would like to personally say thank you for being so generous in offering real, and straightforward information.
Thank you Mr. Altinay 👏👏

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
I think it's incredibly neat that pipe makers, blenders, and what have you come in and offer insight into processes, products, and issues on this board. I have never seen that on any other forums I frequent for other interests, and I feel it really adds to the overall experience of awesomeness here, along with boosting my respect for the people and their passion for what they do.

Now that we know the tenon insert is nylon, it may also be important never to use isopropyl alcohol on it.

I don't know why, but nylon and iso don't get along. It will melt like butter.

Ethanol is fine. Other alcohols are fine. Just not isopropyl.
Dear Sir
I'm sorry for my misspelling and late reply.
Our tenons are delrin, not nylon.
For your information.
Regards
Said

Cheeseybacon

I just unscrewed the tenon on my 9mm Altinay meerschaum and it does not have a metal ring. It is a great smoking pipe. Now I'm questioning myself if I should continue smoking it. I've never used a filter in any pipe. @said.altinay
I think that is going to depend on the particular shape of the pipe and how close the end of the tenon threads are located relative to the bowl. A Canadian, for example, is likely going to be fine.

What do the threads look like. Do they show any indication that they are getting "melty" or otherwise cooking more than they should be?

MURPH

I think that is going to depend on the particular shape of the pipe and how close the end of the tenon threads are located relative to the bowl. A Canadian, for example, is likely going to be fine.

What do the threads look like. Do they show any indication that they are getting "melty" or otherwise cooking more than they should be?
I've decided to use it and enjoy it as was intended.