What's new

Any comments on Nording Compass?

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
Has anyone every tried a Nording Compass or Sailor pipes? Full disclosure, I have not. When it comes to metal pipes I lean toward the Falcon. They seem to have figured it out a long time ago. And, although I prefer a good briar most of the time, along with a cob some of the time, I still find a Falcon can give a good smoke.

I have a few Nording pipes and like them, but I find the Compass and Sailor lines a little -- um -- strange. It would be great to hear some actual comments from someone that has made the leap and bought one.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Nording/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=285055

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
The picture makes it look like a straight aluminum or steel tube with none of the heat radiating properties of a Falcon. As far as I can tell the bowls are not interchangeable. If I was in the market for a pipe these would not be on my list.
I have to agree. It doesn't appear to have any of the pluses or qualities of a pipe like a Falcon. I don't want one, but still I wanted to see if anyone was brave enough to buy one and would admit -- um -- share their perceptions.