Apple

Odissey

Sales
Patron
Good afternoon my friends!
I decided to make about 10 pipes. I want to choose 5-6 of them and try to negotiate the sale of these pipes at smokingpipe.com or blueroombriar.com.
So far I have made only three such pipes. Only two of them remain. Freehand Bulldog was removed from this list and sold. It contained sandpits, which had to be masked with pieces of orange ebonite. There are two pipes left. It's a straight apple and freehand Devil Anse. Today I will only show you an apple.
This is smoking pipe No. 2621. It is not available now, but you can order the same one for yourself.
Weight - 56 g;
Length - 135 mm;
Tobacco chamber - 20 - 40 mm;
Bowl diameter - 49.7 mm;
Bowl height - 47 mm;
Bite - 3.85 x 16.2 mm

How do you like this pipe? Can this be offered for sale on smokingpipe.com?

c5b95de51cb8.jpg

24cf55e42bd2.jpg

be399ea7680e.jpg

301d23738e78.jpg

cfe8a54849bc.jpg

15aa974b3c1d.jpg

d886c0d8396c.jpg

1c0a579857cf.jpg

c4d2f9cb9f00.jpg

0762464526cf.jpg

59674a2b5fa8.jpg

8bc08032f3ad.jpg

5e6b95b829b9.jpg

69fafa81d4ef.jpg

b9d2ce24964f.jpg

d7bc15303e87.jpg

With all respect, Andrey

sfduke

Sales
@Odissey
Beautiful work. I would recommend doing the indentation on the bowl all the way around and make it look like a cauldron.

Also, a little touch-up with sandpaper to remove the stain in the bowl would help :)

To answer your question about selling at SP, yes it would sell but at what price point. Think that is what needs to be determined. Wholesale vs retail :)

Odissey

Sales
Patron
Have to disagree here. We've all seen a caldron shape, but this partial is very unique, catches the eye.
Leave it alone. Has a great fluid look to it.
It also seems to me that the cup does not need to be touched. The bowl is fine. Perhaps the stem should be slightly shorter. Just 1/4 or 1/5 inch. It seems to me that it would be better.

PKT

Love the pipe and would encourage you to leave it as it is with the exception of removing the stain inside the bowl. Your pipes will sell wherever you list them bot for selfish reasons I would argue for staying with smaller outlets that can better feature your work.

SmokeRings

Patron
Have to agree here, it's certainly as good or better as lots of pipes on SP, the real question is what price point you ask for it, I have seen lots of artisan pipes on that website going for prices I would never pay for them, and lots that made me scratch my head wondering why the price was so low...short answer though is that in my opinion, yes your pipes are absolutely good enough for posting to SP

Odissey

Sales
Patron
Guys, thank you all for the feedback. I am very grateful to you for your support. By the way, I did not bend the stem on this tube. Its curvature is made only by my hands. This pipe has a completely straight chimney.
Now a few words about smokingpipe.com. I have no desire to make a lot of money. My goal is somewhat different. Appearance on this site will make my name recognizable by everyone. I don't need anything else. You know that I started selling pipes on Facebook. So our Russian guys write to me - "Andrei, you are an artist - a big future awaits you." I laugh and answer. Guys, what is the future, I had a heart attack, I live only due to the fact that my heart periodically starts up a pacemaker. What future are you talking about?
Naturally, I'm not going to the cemetery tomorrow. But I really have an idea of my capabilities and I think that I will hardly be able to realize all my abilities. My desires go no further than being able to sell everything I can do. In a month, I am now able to make 7 - 8 smoking pipes. But I cannot sell that many pipes. This is the only thing that bothers me right now.
In about 2 hours I will post a new smoking pipe for sale.

SmokeRings

Patron
Sales really comes down to a numbers game in a lot of ways, the more people you get your work in front of, the better the chances you sell that work, I absolutely detest things like Facebook, tweeter and Instagram, but it's ability to increase sales is undeniable at this point, if your not already doing these sorts of social media things and want a way to get more exposure to a target audience, they are very much worth looking into, the biggest benefit as I see it is that the advertising is essentially passive, you put it up, your stuff gets put under people's noses without you having to do anything else really, leaving you time to go back to carving or whatever other demands are on your time.

Odissey

Sales
Patron
For me, making pipes is not a job. It's a pleasure for me. Therefore, money is not the most important thing. It will be enough for me to sell 7 - 8 pipes a month at a price of 200 - 250 dallars. But we humans are strangely arranged. None of us will refuse to work less and receive more money for work. I specifically follow several masters from Russia and Ukraine. I have already made 26 pipes this year. Of those masters whose work I track, only Kovalev made more than 20 pipes. For all other masters, the results of their work are much more modest. There, behind each master there are only 14 - 16 made smoking pipes. But I also have my main job, which I have to do for 8 hours every day. And at the same time I made 26 pipes, and the masters only made 14-16 pieces. In my opinion, they are masters who make pipes without straining at all.