What's new

B&M shops

I second those 3! I'm in Huntersville, NC not too far from McCranie's so that's my local B&M. And I always make it a point to go to Low Country when we're in the Myrtle Beach area. Gatlin-Burlier I've only been to once, it's a small shop but it's great. The staff was very friendly and the two house blends I tried (Gatlin-Burley and Smokies Smoke-Ease) were both really good.
I'm in Huntersville as well! (y)

Hoosierpipeguy

Had the pleasure of visiting Iwan Ries this week again. Picked up a nice quantity of tobacco. Also stopped in at Arlington Heights Pipe and Cigar. Nice shop,excellent smoking lounge. Those Illinois taxes are punitive though, 38%. The Briary in Birmingham has a great pipe selection and nice smoking lounge. Pipes by George in Raleigh is a nice shop, great guys running it.

PappyJoe

Senior Chief
Patron
So to summarize by state, and to add a couple of my own:

AL, Birmingham, The Briary
AZ, North Scottsdale, Stag Tobacconists, 23535 N. Scottsdale Rd.
AZ, Phoenix, Tinder Box, 4611 E. Chandler Blvd. Suite 106
CA, Monterrey Bay, Carmel Pipe Shop and The Humidor
CA, San Diego, Liberty Tobacco
CO, Englewood, Edwards
FL, Tampa, Edward's Pipe and Tobacco Shop
IL, Chicago, Iwan Ries, 19 S. Wabash Ave. 2nd Floor
KS, Wichita, Cigar Chateau (east) Decent selection of tinned & bulk tobacco and pipes. Plus a nice smoking lounge.
KY, Florence, Strauss
KY, Lexington, Schwab’s
MI, Ann Arbor, Maison Edwards
MI, Ann Arbor, Tobacco Rose
MI, Flint, Paul's Pipe Shop
MI, Gaylord, Ash Tobacconist
MI, Grand Rapids, Indian River Tobacco Traders
MI, Grosse Pointe, Hill and Hill tobacconist
MS, Jackson, The Country Squire
NC, Cornelius & Charlotte, McCranies
NC, Raleigh, Pipes by George
NJ, Princeton, A Little Taste of Cuba
NM Albuquerque, Monte’s
NM, Santa Fe and Albuquerque, Stag Tobacconists
OR, Portland, Rich's, The Pearl, 922 NW Flanders Street
PA, Clarks Summit, Connolly's Smoke Shop
PA, Hamburg and Bethlehem, Cigars International
PA, Kingston, City Tobacco
PA, New Hope, A Little Taste of Cuba
PA, Wilkes-Barre, El Humidor
SC, Greenville, Boda Pipes
SC, Little River, Low Country Pipe and Cigar
Scotland, Edinburgh, The Pipe Shop Ltd
TN, Gatlinburg, Gatlin-Burlier
TX, Austin, Habana House
TX, Austin, Pipe World
TX, Houston, The Briar Shoppe
UT, Salt Lake City, Beehive Cigars
UT, Salt Lake City, Jeanie’s Smoke Shop
UT, Salt Lake City, Tinder Box
WI, Milwaukee, Uhle’s

Good to have a pocket list for those business and vacation trips to other cities :)
You skipped MAYAN Imports in Metairie and New Orleans, La.

Merk3030

Leesburg Cigar & Pipe, Leesburg VA (this has a old world tobacco shop feel. The couple times I have been here the folks behind the counter have been extremely helpful for a noob like myself. Had assortment of tins (last i was there they had SG FVF, C&D Jolly Old St. Nick, and others C&D Small Batch etc. As far as Bulk tobacco they had Peter Stokkebye LBF and LNF and well as some Lane products. Nice assortment of pipes as well. I would like to get out there more often...)

Old Virginia Tobacco Company, Sterling VA (very nice proprietors, easy to talk to and have assortment of tins, mostly MacBarren, Peterson’s, 4th Gen., and others I have seen Capstan and I believe St. Bruno flake as well, I believe their bulks are mostly Lane products but that is speculation) This is where I go for cigar boxes....

Tobacco Hut & Vape, Vienna VA (this is a new store and they had a lot of OTC blends, nothing in the way of tins or bulk. Very clean place and nice gentleman behind the counter had tubs of CH and PA)

ETA: Would love to try and meet up with any NoVA / DC Metro area pipers...

Last edited:

Second mouse

Had the pleasure of visiting Iwan Ries this week again. Picked up a nice quantity of tobacco. Also stopped in at Arlington Heights Pipe and Cigar. Nice shop,excellent smoking lounge. Those Illinois taxes are punitive though, 38%.
I live in Michigan, across the lake. Rather than subject myself to punitive Chicago and Illinois taxes, I pay shipping to Michigan if I get more than a tin or so. Iwan Ries is awesome!