B&M shops

sfduke

Sales
I know going in I am going to pay more for the product at the B&M vs. the internet.
I know also it is an hour and forty five minute drive.
However I am glad to do so.
There are some things in this world ponying up for....for me this is one of those things.
One B&M that comes to mind uses the following pricing formula. If eBay can get X for tin Y, I am going to price tin at Z. No thanks.

Swampy16

The Tobacco Shop in Ridgewood NJ. They don’t sell tins but they have a large jar selection of their own blends which are excellent. They also have quite an impressive selection of pipes from $20 to over $4000. The owner and his wife are wonderful people and he’s a pipe smoker. Not a cigar guy that sells pipes.

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
The owner and his wife are wonderful people and he’s a pipe smoker.
Not a cigar guy that sells pipes.
That's such a rarity nowadays.
So many shops I visit reflect the fact that the owner and staff are exactly that...cigar people that sell pipes.
I can't blame them. The profit margin is much higher in cigars.
But It's nice that you have a genuine pipesmoker running a shop in your area.

Mayan Imports in Metairie has changed some since the pandemic. The older guys were let go at the end of May and the new guys doesn't know anything about pipes or pipe tobacco and tend to be less than friendly to pipe smokers.

The shop still has a couple of display cases of new pipes and are well stocked in tinned and bulk pipe tobaccos. It's just not as friendly as it used to be in my opinion.

BlueMaxx

"Foo Was Here"
Patron
Mayan Imports in Metairie has changed some since the pandemic. The older guys were let go at the end of May and the new guys doesn't know anything about pipes or pipe tobacco and tend to be less than friendly to pipe smokers.

The shop still has a couple of display cases of new pipes and are well stocked in tinned and bulk pipe tobaccos. It's just not as friendly as it used to be in my opinion.
Sorry to hear that......I guess I am blessed with the folks I got to..Hoosier Hospitality.
If nobody is in the shop they go back into their beautiful den like, leather chair filled smoking room and chat...they love seeing folks come in and are friendly.
M is both a pipe and cigar smoker, in addition to being a woodworker...a great guy to talk with.

Sorry to hear that......I guess I am blessed with the folks I got to..Hoosier Hospitality.
If nobody is in the shop they go back into their beautiful den like, leather chair filled smoking room and chat...they love seeing folks come in and are friendly.
M is both a pipe and cigar smoker, in addition to being a woodworker...a great guy to talk with.
We're hoping they bring the other guys back after the pandemic is over or at least hire someone who understand pipes.

The Tinderbox was the only reason I would allow my wife to drag me to the mall! I used to love that store. Sure do miss it!
The Tinderbox that was at Lakeside Mall in Metairie was chased out by the mall. When the mall couldn't stop customers from smoking inside the shop, the mall decided to raise the rent and the percentage of sales the Tinderbox had to pay. The owner basically said "screw it" and decided to close down. Mayan Imports stepped up and bought the inventory and hired the two men working to run a new location. Both of them were very knowledgeable about pipes and pipe tobacco. Both were let go because of the pandemic.

Merk3030

Well-known Member (Tee Hee)
Patron
Watch City Cigar in Framingham, MA. Love chatting with Ernie Q about all things tobacco. 250 mile trip for me but I stop in when visiting my kids in New England.
I am surprised WCC wasn’t already listed in this thread since @Ernie Q has such a great following here...(read blood thirsty jackals waiting to slake their thirst on his tobacco offerings)

Governator

Cigars LTD in Fresno California on Shaw Ave or Herndon Ave and Palm Ave in Fig Garden District. 5160 N Palm Ave, Fresno, CA 93704 (559) 221-0161
http://www.cigarslimited.com/

Cigars LTD in Clovis California on Clovis Ave and 7th St in Old Town Clovis. 630 Clovis Ave, Clovis, CA 93612 (559) 297-0312

Cigars Mas Fino in Fresno California on Cedar Ave and Nees Ave. 1568 E Nees Ave, Fresno, CA 93720 (559) 326-0060
https://www.cigarmasfino.com/

Perfect Blend Fine Cigars in Fresno California on Palm Ave or Van Ness Ave and Olive Ave in Tower District. 729 E Olive Ave, Fresno, CA 93728 (559) 486-0400.
https://www.perfectblendfinecigars.com/

Been to all four but I have only been to Perfect Blend once about almost a decade ago.

Most of the place sell primarily cigars but some do sell pipes and pipe tobacco.

These days I buy my pipe tobacco off line the selection here locally isn't great and the prices are better online being in California... 🙄

I do buy my cigars locally I try to support my local shops when I can.

Cigars Mas Fino has coffee from a really great coffee place Kuppa Joe and for awhile they had a liquor license and could sell beer.

Cigars LTD is in the same shopping area as the Clovis Kuppa Of Joy.

Clovis location 518 Clovis Ave, Clovis, CA 93612.

Fresno Drive Thru Location next to Bad Buds Gas Station which has very cheap gas.

6747 N Cedar Ave, Fresno, CA 93710

Here's the website with all the locations they have great coffee and great service.

A lot folks like to get some coffee before going to the cigar shop I know I do.

https://www.kuppajoy.com/

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Heading down to savannah GA in a week. Anyone ever been down around there? Any info is appreciated!
If you happen to check out one of the Ye Ole Tobacco Shops while you’re there, let me know how the selection is now. They used to sell pipes, bulk, and tins, but it’s been years since I’ve been in either of them.

MakDragon

Optimistic Curmudgeon
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
If you happen to check out one of the Ye Ole Tobacco Shops while you’re there, let me know how the selection is now. They used to sell pipes, bulk, and tins, but it’s been years since I’ve been in either of them.
Was there in'17. It was closed at the time but could look in the window. More cigars than pipe stuff that I could see. Still, would check it out if you're there.
It's in a great area for bars and restaurants too! Plus the water area.
Heading down to savannah GA in a week. Anyone ever been down around there? Any info is appreciated!

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Was there in'17. It was closed at the time but could look in the window. More cigars than pipe stuff that I could see. Still, would check it out if you're there.
It's in a great area for bars and restaurants too! Plus the water area.
Yep, Savannah is a fun town. We used to hang out up there quite a bit, back when I was drinking. It’s only about three hours northeast of me.