What's new

Baki meers. Let's see them

I have a Baki question. His pipes I see with posted measurements seem to be 6-6.5", and weigh 2-2.2 ozs. I want a Baki but I never like "big" pipes. I keep thinking I can find a ball or an author under 5.5" and under 1.5 oz. Does such a thing exist? Are all his pipes larger, or is it just the ones available now?

mongo

I’ll post this here for starters, but I heard a rumor that Baki is no longer selling in any market but China. I hope this is not true.

sfduke

Sales
I’ll post this here for starters, but I heard a rumor that Baki is no longer selling in any market but China. I hope this is not true.
Heard this as well but in the context that the margins are best in China given the high demand therefore most of the Baki supply are heading there

darth finster

Well, of course I know him....he's me.
Heard this as well but in the context that the margins are best in China given the high demand therefore most of the Baki supply are heading there
Meaning through retailers? I can't see him turning down orders direct to the web site just because the country isn't China?

Siv

Mg4Si6O15(OH)2·6H2O
Sales
I have a Baki question. His pipes I see with posted measurements seem to be 6-6.5", and weigh 2-2.2 ozs. I want a Baki but I never like "big" pipes. I keep thinking I can find a ball or an author under 5.5" and under 1.5 oz. Does such a thing exist? Are all his pipes larger, or is it just the ones available now?
Generally his pipes are on the large side. Not to say that he doesn't make smaller pipes but they are not offered as often.

I think it's also a market differentiation thing - he makes high quality pipes from the best available block. It's easier to find smaller blocks which yield smaller pipes and hence there are many more produced. Personally, my smaller pipes are IMPs which are decent quality and used to be decently priced (~$100), now not so much.

I don't know if you can buy Baki pipes directly from him. Deniz Ural is the distributor here in the USA (he's in Florida) and as far as I'm aware, the sole source - I have not seen new Baki pipes available anywhere else although I'm sure my google-fu would not reveal any Chinese stores. I know Deniz has sold pipes to Chinese buyers but there's nothing to indicate that he's not selling elsewhere - there are plenty available on his website.

Last edited: