Birth of PSD 3.0

dryan

I've been sporadic in my online postings for the past year or so. Happenstance and luck lead me to the thread(s) detailing what was going down on PSF. I was, as most of you were, saddened by the news, though, I was encouraged to see that the mods were doing what they could to bring this great place into fruition. Honestly, I don't miss the old PSF-- not that it wasn't a great place-- but "home is where the heart is." So many of the great people from PSF came here and it turned this place into a new "home."

MakDragon

Optomistic Curmudgeon
Sales
Patron
I've been sporadic in my online postings for the past year or so. Happenstance and luck lead me to the thread(s) detailing what was going down on PSF. I was, as most of you were, saddened by the news, though, I was encouraged to see that the mods were doing what they could to bring this great place into fruition. Honestly, I don't miss the old PSF-- not that it wasn't a great place-- but "home is where the heart is." So many of the great people from PSF came here and it turned this place into a new "home."
Well let's get posting there buddy! Miss your posts!

BubbaBriar

Only forum I belong to and proud to be here. Tried some other pipe forums and it was more of a feeling of random chaos than anything else. What I do appreciate is the moderators that keep the bird flying straight. Things get outa line you get a knock (myself included) then you just straighten up and keep on truckin. In the past I was active in various forums and found that the ones with hardly active moderators ended up like a bunch of monkeys doing something odd with a football.

Peacock

Put a Bird On It
Patron
Only forum I belong to and proud to be here. Tried some other pipe forums and it was more of a feeling of random chaos than anything else. What I do appreciate is the moderators that keep the bird flying straight. Things get outa line you get a knock (myself included) then you just straighten up and keep on truckin. In the past I was active in various forums and found that the ones with hardly active moderators ended up like a bunch of monkeys doing something odd with a football.
:old: Couldn't agree more. Unmoderated internet forums are an ugly thing. Thanks mods!

dmkerr

Fabulously non-descript
Staff member
Yep! The only other one I was on for any length of time (not much) felt like riding a bull during a hurricane. The damage, predictably, followed.

Chico

This place has least amount of drama, the fewest incidents of "sly" political swipes, and the swiftest moderation when it does happen. That very fact keeps away some of the troublemakers who just can't help themselves, and also attracts new members who get tired of the same old interwebs meltdowns that happen repeatedly on other forums. So thanks, mods! :goodjob:

PlanxtyPipes

Happy Birthday PSD. It certainly retained the feel of PSF for me. I've been beyond impressed by everything the mods/admins have done to make the transition easy and I appreciate all the time and effort you've all put in. Thank you for keeping this place alive. As you've said, none of the other pipe forums are QUITE what PSF/PSD were/are in my opinion.

quicklime

I am glad this forum exists. One day I just logged in on the old forum and everything was different, then it was all gone. I tried another forum, couldn't get into a rhythm, so gave up on forums and just sat on my porch and smoked after the days labor ended. Same thing I always did anyway, except no forum.

I have learned that nothing is permanant, and how quickly a person can be cut off from folks he has come to take for granted will always be there. I will no longer take things for granted. Seeing so many familiar faces after such a long absence is a blessing and a gift, not a guarantee or a right.

Thank you moderators, and all who have made this forum possible. I am truly grateful, it feels like a piece of my humpty dumpy life has been put back together again. Please hold this place together as long as you can, and if there is anything I can personally do to help you in that process.... well, then just let me know. For now I will just strive to be a good member of this wonderful community.

Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing is owed. All is a blessing. Thank you Mods and friends.
:beerchug:

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
I am glad this forum exists. One day I just logged in on the old forum and everything was different, then it was all gone. I tried another forum, couldn't get into a rhythm, so gave up on forums and just sat on my porch and smoked after the days labor ended. Same thing I always did anyway, except no forum.

I have learned that nothing is permanant, and how quickly a person can be cut off from folks he has come to take for granted will always be there. I will no longer take things for granted. Seeing so many familiar faces after such a long absence is a blessing and a gift, not a guarantee or a right.

Thank you moderators, and all who have made this forum possible. I am truly grateful, it feels like a piece of my humpty dumpy life has been put back together again. Please hold this place together as long as you can, and if there is anything I can personally do to help you in that process.... well, then just let me know. For now I will just strive to be a good member of this wonderful community.

Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing is owed. All is a blessing. Thank you Mods and friends.
Good to see you again, @quicklime.

You ask if there is anything you can do. The one thing I know we all can do is chip in and help support the overhead by becoming a Patron. (If one clicks on their avatar in the upper right corner of the home page on the drop down there is an option for "Account Upgrade.")

Islayphile

Welcome back!

quicklime

Good to see you again, @quicklime.

You ask if there is anything you can do. The one thing I know we all can do is chip in and help support the overhead by becoming a Patron. (If one clicks on their avatar in the upper right corner of the home page on the drop down there is an option for "Account Upgrade.")
Good to see you too.

Yes. I will upgrade my account as soon as possible. Was just looking at that. :)