Birth of PSD 3.0

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
Good to see you again, @quicklime.

You ask if there is anything you can do. The one thing I know we all can do is chip in and help support the overhead by becoming a Patron. (If one clicks on their avatar in the upper right corner of the home page on the drop down there is an option for "Account Upgrade.")
Lots of members don't know this but it also maintains the horse salt-licks around Doug's new place. Horses need 2-4oz of salt a day to keep their health. And we have a lot of them.

Adam Bybee

Sales
This is really the only pipe forum (or any forum at all I guess) that I'm a part of and the only part of the internet that I have any real meaningful interactions with. Honestly, I've got a PSD tab open pretty much all the time at work and at home. Though I had met many of you before, I've only been a member of this community since just after the PSD changeover.

This is probably the nicest and comfiest part of the pipe community and I've gotten to know people here whom I would genuinely consider to be good friends despite the fact that we've only met in person a few times. Hail PSD!

OkiePiperJon

Same here. At one time I was always on YouTube and making videos over there. Since I have found PSD, my YT participation has gone way down. I'm pleased that I found PSD.

This is really the only pipe forum (or any forum at all I guess) that I'm a part of and the only part of the internet that I have any real meaningful interactions with. Honestly, I've got a PSD tab open pretty much all the time at work and at home. Though I had met many of you before, I've only been a member of this community since just after the PSD changeover.

This is probably the nicest and comfiest part of the pipe community and I've gotten to know people here whom I would genuinely consider to be good friends despite the fact that we've only met in person a few times. Hail PSD!

PappyJoe

Senior Chief
Patron
I wouldn't sell the other pipe forums I visit short as I see many of you guys on at least two of the other three I participate on.
Each forum has its own identity and offers a different environment for pipe smokers. As good as this one is, there is one smaller forum that I've been visiting for over two years and there is absolutely no sniping at other pipe smokers with differing opinions.

Still, I come here daily to see what is going on.

DGErwin11

Supreme Curmudgeon
Staff member
I wouldn't sell the other pipe forums I visit short as I see many of you guys on at least two of the other three I participate on.
Each forum has its own identity and offers a different environment for pipe smokers. As good as this one is, there is one smaller forum that I've been visiting for over two years and there is absolutely no sniping at other pipe smokers with differing opinions.

Still, I come here daily to see what is going on.
Obviously I think this is the best forum. But like so much in life, some like chocolate ice cream, some like strawberry. We try hard here to keep drama to a minimum. Therefore we do not discuss any other forums, good or bad. Thanks to all members for your restraint.

MakDragon

Optomistic Curmudgeon
Sales
Patron
I am glad this forum exists. One day I just logged in on the old forum and everything was different, then it was all gone. I tried another forum, couldn't get into a rhythm, so gave up on forums and just sat on my porch and smoked after the days labor ended. Same thing I always did anyway, except no forum.

I have learned that nothing is permanant, and how quickly a person can be cut off from folks he has come to take for granted will always be there. I will no longer take things for granted. Seeing so many familiar faces after such a long absence is a blessing and a gift, not a guarantee or a right.

Thank you moderators, and all who have made this forum possible. I am truly grateful, it feels like a piece of my humpty dumpy life has been put back together again. Please hold this place together as long as you can, and if there is anything I can personally do to help you in that process.... well, then just let me know. For now I will just strive to be a good member of this wonderful community.

Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing is owed. All is a blessing. Thank you Mods and friends.
:beerchug:
Welcome back!!! Good to see you again!