Blind Sample Reviews

ClickKlick

This blend, I hope I can still get it..... and lots of it! It is making me rethink my normal policy on VAs. Maybe I need to not just partake in Flakes exclusively...... maybe ribbons have a place after all. What kind of blasphemous experiment did I agree to here. This has changed everything I thought I knew.... the ways which I have set.... into disarray.

What is it? This sweetness isn't matched by much! Why aren't there more black pieces in this blend?!!!!! Why can't there be black cavendish, so I can look halfway smart in identifying where its coming from?!

What is it?!

ClickKlick

Towards the bottom of this large bowl now and there is something new presenting itself. Its almost bourbonesque. I didn't get this in the first smaller bowl at all. This could be the oils building up but its new.... and if I didn't have a clue before, it definitely hasn't changed the situation I'm in.

My google search was not fruitful, nor was a search of what @Mpugh777 "What are you smoking" posts..... grrrr....

I know I said no aromatics..... is GLP Virginia Cream considered an aromatic to him?!!!! Hmmmm....... Or is it another McClelland Bulk, like Fragrant Virginia..... I haven't had either! Its finally getting a bit harsh toward these bottom of the heel relights..... This bowl is conical so it tapers quite a bit at the heel end. I've noticed some blends do well with the concentrated flavor and oil and moisture buildup and others go south quick. This one is teetering. I still love it.

Please tell me I can go out and buy some of this!

Fantastic Blind sample! Thank you for sending! My guess is:
GLP Virginia Cream (Yes I know it supposedly has DFK in it too :ROFLMAO: )

Mpugh777

“Shall I say, I have gone at dusk through narrow streets / And watched the smoke that rises from the pipes / Of lonely men in short sleeves, leaning out of windows?...”

I love poetry, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that; however, let me be perfectly clear that I speak not of what “poetry” has become, which is what Robert Frost might say is akin to “playing tennis without a net.” I love the poetry that requires one to really “know” something.

Poetry is paradoxical. Its creation is about saying the most in the least amount of space...it is “les mots justes” and the struggle that goes along with that quest. It is “A line might take us hours maybe;/Yet if it does not seem a moment’s thought,/Our stitching and unstitching has been naught.” Both the creation and analysis of poetry are not as simple as one might believe.

In my short time on these boards, I have learned that tobacco, too, is paradoxical. Sometimes blends that smell great taste awful; sometimes blends that smell awful, taste, well...”okay lol. (Here’s looking at you OJK!) While all blends contain basically the same “ingredients,” blends with identical tobaccos can taste wildly different because of curing, casing, toppings, etc. In short, something as seemingly simple as a bunch of dried leaves is not so simple at all.

“What was the ointment sprinkled on my beard?/
What were the hymns that buzzed beside my ears?/ What was the sea whose tide swept through me there?”

Alas, is it the perfume from a bowl of Orient Express which makes me so digress? But soft now, me thinks I scent the morning air...I hope someone has figured out by now that my point is how something “simple” could be far from it.

@ClickKlick tremendous review. You for sure get the strange sweetness of the blend, and you smell a rat in all this. I know we agreed to “no aros and no burley”...well I honored that lol. This is not The Virginia Cream. (Have a tin, not a fan.) No, the rat is in the name of this blend...a name leading you to believe it’s simply a red Virginia...Nevertheless, I find a variety of “red” Virginias in it, including what seems to me to be stoved Virginia. This blend is Watch City Cigars Simply Red.

Peacock

There is no spoon.
“Shall I say, I have gone at dusk through narrow streets / And watched the smoke that rises from the pipes / Of lonely men in short sleeves, leaning out of windows?...”

I love poetry, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that; however, let me be perfectly clear that I speak not of what “poetry” has become, which is what Robert Frost might say is akin to “playing tennis without a net.” I love the poetry that requires one to really “know” something.

Poetry is paradoxical. Its creation is about saying the most in the least amount of space...it is “les mots justes” and the struggle that goes along with that quest. It is “A line might take us hours maybe;/Yet if it does not seem a moment’s thought,/Our stitching and unstitching has been naught.” Both the creation and analysis of poetry are not as simple as one might believe.

In my short time on these boards, I have learned that tobacco, too, is paradoxical. Sometimes blends that smell great taste awful; sometimes blends that smell awful, taste, well...”okay lol. (Here’s looking at you OJK!) While all blends contain basically the same “ingredients,” blends with identical tobaccos can taste wildly different because of curing, casing, toppings, etc. In short, something as seemingly simple as a bunch of dried leaves is not so simple at all.

“What was the ointment sprinkled on my beard?/
What were the hymns that buzzed beside my ears?/ What was the sea whose tide swept through me there?”

Alas, is it the perfume from a bowl of Orient Express which makes me so digress? But soft now, me thinks I scent the morning air...I hope someone has figured out by now that my point is how something “simple” could be far from it.

@ClickKlick tremendous review. You for sure get the strange sweetness of the blend, and you smell a rat in all this. I know we agreed to “no aros and no burley”...well I honored that lol. This is not The Virginia Cream. (Have a tin, not a fan.) No, the rat is in the name of this blend...a name leading you to believe it’s simply a red Virginia...Nevertheless, I find a variety of “red” Virginias in it, including what seems to me to be stoved Virginia. This blend is Watch City Cigars Simply Red.
:nanaparty:
Excellent! SR is outstanding!

Peacock

There is no spoon.
Sincerest of apologies to @tfdickson for the lengthy delay on my last review but you can't rush comedic mediocrity.

I thought long and hard about doing a real, structured and specific review but then I was like, "Don't play yourself; these mother fiddle sticksers need to hear some repurposed Jay-Z lyrics."

So to the tune of "December 4th" off The Black Album, arguably the greatest hip hop album of all time, I present to you, with the shame and embarrassment of a completely inappropriate culture-appropriating suburban redneck that has no song writing ability whatsoever, Blind Sample Review #3:

34B0663A-6AB4-4706-883F-0A14C72B4B51.jpeg

[Peacock:]
Blind Sample #3 was received January 13​
Weighing in at 0 pounds 1.5 ounces​
He was the last of my 5 samples​
The only one who didn't give me any pain when put flame to him​
And that's how I knew that he was a special child​

[Blind Sample #3:]
They say "they never really miss you til you tongue bite or you gone"​
So on that note I'm leaving after this song​
So you ain't gotta feel no way about Sample 3 so long​
At least let me tell you why i'm this way, Hold on​
I was conceived by Esoterica and JFG​
Who made love under the tobacco leaves​
Which makes me​
A more nicotine fiend and @tfdickson would claim​
At 1.5 ounces when i was bagged i didn't give him no DFK​
Although through the years i gave him his fair share​
I gave him his first real scare​
I made it from birth and i got here​
She knows my purpose wasn't purpose​
I ain't perfect i care​
But i feel worthless cause my market price wasn't matchin my hype​
Now i'm just scratchin the surface cause what's burried under there​
Was a blend torn apart once his distribution disappeared​
I went to the States got good reviews could behave when i wanted​
But i had flavors deep inside that would raise when confronted​
Hold on (pipe cleaner, tamp, relight, tamp)​

Blind Sample #3 was a coarse ribbon cut reminding me of Germain’s​
He was dry as all get out, had a strong scent like the locker room at the Multnomah Athletic Club and a chocolate pouch note​
And a funny story is​
The smoke grew from harsh to pleasant, grassy to dark and fiery​
A tingly snork but a plummy fruity situation to end​
Isn't that special?​
But, i noticed a change in him i detected the mustache note​

[Outro x4]
This is the blend i chose or rather the blend that chose me​
I’m guessing Esoterica Tilbury but my whole guess is wack​
Maybe you’ll love me when my guess is on track​

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
Sincerest of apologies to @tfdickson for the lengthy delay on my last review but you can't rush comedic mediocrity.

I thought long and hard about doing a real, structured and specific review but then I was like, "Don't play yourself; these mother fiddle sticksers need to hear some repurposed Jay-Z lyrics."

So to the tune of "December 4th" off The Black Album, arguably the greatest hip hop album of all time, I present to you, with the shame and embarrassment of a completely inappropriate culture-appropriating suburban redneck that has no song writing ability whatsoever, Blind Sample Review #3:

View attachment 53428

Blind Sample #3 was received January 13​
Weighing in at 0 pounds 1.5 ounces​
He was the last of my 5 samples​
The only one who didn't give me any pain when put flame to him​
And that's how I knew that he was a special child​

[Blind Sample #3:]
They say "they never really miss you til you tongue bite or you gone"​
So on that note I'm leaving after this song​
So you ain't gotta feel no way about Sample 3 so long​
At least let me tell you why i'm this way, Hold on​
I was conceived by Esoterica and JFG​
Who made love under the tobacco leaves​
Which makes me​
A more nicotine fiend and @tfdickson would claim​
At 1.5 ounces when i was bagged i didn't give him no DFK​
Although through the years i gave him his fair share​
I gave him his first real scare​
I made it from birth and i got here​
She knows my purpose wasn't purpose​
I ain't perfect i care​
But i feel worthless cause my market price wasn't matchin my hype​
Now i'm just scratchin the surface cause what's burried under there​
Was a blend torn apart once his distribution disappeared​
I went to the States got good reviews could behave when i wanted​
But i had flavors deep inside that would raise when confronted​
Hold on (pipe cleaner, tamp, relight, tamp)​

Blind Sample #3 was a coarse ribbon cut reminding me of Germain’s​
He was dry as all get out, had a strong scent like the locker room at the Multnomah Athletic Club and a chocolate pouch note​
And a funny story is​
The smoke grew from harsh to pleasant, grassy to dark and fiery​
A tingly snork but a plummy fruity situation to end​
Isn't that special?​
But, i noticed a change in him i detected the mustache note​

[Outro x4]
This is the blend i chose or rather the blend that chose me​
I’m guessing Esoterica Tilbury but my whole guess is wack​
Maybe you’ll love me when my guess is on track​
:appl:

Awesome review! The reviews lately have been so good I’m almost afraid it will discourage others to join in and participate. You guys are a tough act to follow! Not that I’m complaining, this has been one of my favorite threads and lately it’s the best it’s ever been.

Blind sample #3 was the spitball I referred to at the outset. I like it a lot but including it was an act of selfishness- I wanted to hear what someone else thought of it without any preconceived notions. By label it’s a blending tobacco and allegedly a pure, single varietal. But when you open the tin the different colors and a cut that isn’t uniform leads me to believe that there‘s more than one leaf here. I detect a burley element that reminds me of nothing more than that found in... Tilbury. We are on exactly the same page there and for once it’s nice for me not to feel like a tongueless moron when it comes to this stuff. Blind sample #3 is none other than McConnell Pure Caribe. Allegedly 100% cigar leaf and some claim it’s 100% Cuban cigar leaf. Another wrinkle here is that I generally don’t like cigar blends, but I really like this one. I dunno.

Thanks @Peacock , it’s been a blast.

Ad astra, per aspera

Peacock

There is no spoon.
:appl:

Awesome review! The reviews lately have been so good I’m almost afraid it will discourage others to join in and participate. You guys are a tough act to follow! Not that I’m complaining, this has been one of my favorite threads and lately it’s the best it’s ever been.

Blind sample #3 was the spitball I referred to at the outset. I like it a lot but including it was an act of selfishness- I wanted to hear what someone else thought of it without any preconceived notions. By label it’s a blending tobacco and allegedly a pure, single varietal. But when you open the tin the different colors and a cut that isn’t uniform leads me to believe that there‘s more than one leaf here. I detect a burley element that reminds me of nothing more than that found in... Tilbury. We are on exactly the same page there and for once it’s nice for me not to feel like a tongueless moron when it comes to this stuff. Blind sample #3 is none other than McConnell Pure Caribe. Allegedly 100% cigar leaf and some claim it’s 100% Cuban cigar leaf. Another wrinkle here is that I generally don’t like cigar blends, but I really like this one. I dunno.

Thanks @Peacock , it’s been a blast.

Ad astra, per aspera
Huh. Would ya look at that. Pure Caribe? I thought it may be just one leaf based on the look of it but the flavor changed enough through the bowl that I thought my eyes had deceived me. Someone on TR mentions spicing up English blends with it - I’ll have to try that and it may be good with some straight burley too.

It’ll be fascinating to see how my opinion changes now that I know what this tobacco is! Thanks Ted, it was a ton of fun and I look forward to reading more. I’m just glad I was on the same page as you for a tiny bit of the time.

Peacock

There is no spoon.
Last edited:

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Old Ted Award Winner

tipofthelake

Reputable source, posts found on the internet
Incognito/private mode proves otherwise. You think Google doesn’t personalize your search results based on everything you’ve ever done? prepare to be scared: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/162744?hl=en
(Picks mic up, throws it in your general direction)
Yeah, I fully trust our data overlords and am sure they have my best interests at heart. /s

Incognito still shows me the same album but stops me from screenshotting it.