Blind Sample Reviews

DrumsAndBeer

January 20th 2020 I guessed the sample number 5 was Mac Baren Latakia Flake. This time it was much sweeter, and no Latakia. Sweet and good.

Man that sounds like a long time ago.

Page 44!
For the life of me I cannot find my notes related to what I sent you. However, I know for certain I sent Mayor's Chocolate Flake, so that would explain your Mac Baren Latakia Flake impression. Whether that was actually #5, or it got crossed up with another sample, we'll likely never know... Sorry. Perfect example of why I should probably not be involved in the blind reviews. :)

JustScott

For the life of me I cannot find my notes related to what I sent you. However, I know for certain I sent Mayor's Chocolate Flake, so that would explain your Mac Baren Latakia Flake impression. Whether that was actually #5, or it got crossed up with another sample, we'll likely never know... Sorry. Perfect example of why I should probably not be involved in the blind reviews. :)
Or maybe you've come up with a whole new game, Double-Blind Reviews! Two people trade samples, both throw away their notes and wait a few months, then smoke and post their impressions. Then BOTH try to figure out what each sample was.

JustScott

Ooooo, a head to head. That sounds fun and especially interesting to see how people's impressions vary of exactly the same blend at the same time. Would have to make sure that both have notes written up before posting so there's no influencing.
That would also be fun, have someone send the same 5ish samples to two people and the two people agree to sample them on the same days etc. Then they post their impressions and try to guess. I wonder how many times the blind reviews would differ, and how much... Sounds incredibly interesting to read.

Top Bottom