What's new

Bob's Chocolate flake

WalkinStick

May actually be The Devil
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
There really isn’t anything else like BCF, or Gawith Hoggarth in general, honestly. Lots of us are sitting around waiting for GH to get blends back in stock in the US.

You can get on the email notification lists at all the big retailers, or make a UK friend to trade with. They don’t seem to be having any troubles getting GH blends at all.

dmkerr

Fabulously non-descript
Staff member
This may not be helpful as it may have the same stocking issues as BCF, but I prefer Sam Gawith's Chocolate Flake over BCF by a wide margin. Less Lakeland essence and more chocolate when kept moist, overall better flavor when dried. This is one I actually smoke both ways, and it behaves as though it were two different tobaccos - both excellent.

SteveNH

Patron
Inspired by other members who "go directly to the source" and of course the ease of being able to search on the internet, I boldly emailed GH to ask when GH would show up on US shores. I aske this question back in November 26. Here it the response, from Bob "chocolate flake" G.

Dear Steve,

Rob has passed your mail to me for an answer. We currently have a shipment of GH product being prepared and this, hopefully, will arrive in the US pre-Christmas.
We have been, and still are, especially busy this year, thankfully, and so there have been minimal delays to our customers.

An order of this size does take up most of our production capacity which is why we emphasise the fact that we must receive orders within our lead times to satisfy requested delivery times, sometimes this doesn’t happen.

Hopefully your cellar will be replenished before too long and we take this opportunity to thank you for your kind patience and loyalty to the GH brands.

Best regards

Bob

Greetings,
Anyone have a suggestion as to who has a tobacco that is close to "Bob's Chocolate Flake"?
It seems to be out of stock
and no idea about a return stocking time frame.
I'd like to find this in bulk.
Thx,
tidbit824
To the OP: there’s a shop near me that has a single tin of BCF for sale. I’ll proxy for you and ship to you if you like (CONUS). I called and confirmed the in stock status just now.

I was in there several weeks ago and bought a tin. I’ll pick up the last tin for you if you like. Your call.

Edited to add: I’m not sure how to tag members in posts like these. I tried to tag the OP. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Teddy Jeavons

Leaf and Leaf
Sales
To the OP: there’s a shop near me that has a single tin of BCF for sale. I’ll proxy for you and ship to you if you like (CONUS). I called and confirmed the in stock status just now.

I was in there several weeks ago and bought a tin. I’ll pick up the last tin for you if you like. Your call.

Edited to add: I’m not sure how to tag members in posts like these. I tried to tag the OP. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
He'll get tagged with the quote. Otherwise you can use the @ symbol and then his handle.

lowercaseG

Greetings,
Anyone have a suggestion as to who has a tobacco that is close to "Bob's Chocolate Flake"?
It seems to be out of stock
and no idea about a return stocking time frame.
I'd like to find this in bulk.
Thx,
tidbit824
just in case you missed it, RazorbackFan posted about g&h being in stock at cup o joes. It's only 2 oz. tins but b.c.f. was one of them.

Peeps

Inspired by other members who "go directly to the source" and of course the ease of being able to search on the internet, I boldly emailed GH to ask when GH would show up on US shores. I aske this question back in November 26. Here it the response, from Bob "chocolate flake" G.

Dear Steve,

Rob has passed your mail to me for an answer. We currently have a shipment of GH product being prepared and this, hopefully, will arrive in the US pre-Christmas.
We have been, and still are, especially busy this year, thankfully, and so there have been minimal delays to our customers.

An order of this size does take up most of our production capacity which is why we emphasise the fact that we must receive orders within our lead times to satisfy requested delivery times, sometimes this doesn’t happen.

Hopefully your cellar will be replenished before too long and we take this opportunity to thank you for your kind patience and loyalty to the GH brands.

Best regards
Bob
Any news from Bob “Square Cut” G?