Box Pass 2020

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
Picard is back on the road again.
@Coastal Bend you're up!!

The lady at USPS and her team-mate at the next register made fun of the box. I will say, it is more box tape than cardboard at this point.

My register person said, "You are really working this box! It won't last much longer"
Her partner gives a loud laugh and adds, " Wow! Yeah. That box may show up with half the contents fallen out."
My reply, "Well, that makes this box as good as new then because I've had you guys deliver me new flat rate packages with half their contents fallen out."

They didn't like my humor as much as they enjoyed their own.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron

The lady at USPS and her team-mate at the next register made fun of the box. I will say, it is more box tape than cardboard at this point.

My register person said, "You are really working this box! It won't last much longer"
Her partner gives a loud laugh and adds, " Wow! Yeah. That box may show up with half the contents fallen out."
My reply, "Well, that makes this box as good as new then because I've had you guys deliver me new flat rate packages with half their contents fallen out."

Standing by.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

lowercaseG

No offense but they enjoyed their own humor more because frankly, it was funnier. I mean, when the usps lady says "you are really working this box" you admit defeat. Just answer her with a congratulatory "that's what she said" and respectfully walk away.

millarddj

Perpetual whippersnapper
Patron
So, pending box arrivals, here where we'll be at:

TEAM KIRK
@Wooda
@Sonarman
@Wolfman
@tfdickson
@CrazyIvan779
@Cramptholomew
@Shisno
@Billy Joe
@Merk3030
@Hunter Hughes
@Drydock
@Islayphile
@lowercaseG
@Bouwser
@StompyMcFat
@BlueMaxx
@redscott
@millarddj

TEAM PICARD
@FrankHall
@Shasta
@JustScott
@Oouder
@Fusion
@Peifemeschder
@Eulogy
@Yosemite
@skywalker
@Chico
@Duffer
@Rybones
@Fisherx1984
@S Mac
@Ozark Wizard
@Mrm1775
@Watchmaker
@blackmouth210
@Coastal Bend

That's four more warps on the Kirk side before we've got both ships at the end of their respective maiden voyages.

@Coastal Bend, what's your preference regarding re-launch? Does Picard get several weeks R&R time before launching on the next leg, or do you want to get him underway while Kirk's completing the first leg?

Merk3030

Well-known Member (Tee Hee)
Patron
So, pending box arrivals, here where we'll be at:

TEAM KIRK
@Wooda
@Sonarman
@Wolfman
@tfdickson
@CrazyIvan779
@Cramptholomew
@Shisno
@Billy Joe
@Merk3030
@Hunter Hughes
@Drydock
@Islayphile
@lowercaseG
@Bouwser
@StompyMcFat
@BlueMaxx
@redscott
@millarddj

TEAM PICARD
@FrankHall
@Shasta
@JustScott
@Oouder
@Fusion
@Peifemeschder
@Eulogy
@Yosemite
@skywalker
@Chico
@Duffer
@Rybones
@Fisherx1984
@S Mac
@Ozark Wizard
@Mrm1775
@Watchmaker
@blackmouth210
@Coastal Bend

That's four more warps on the Kirk side before we've got both ships at the end of their respective maiden voyages.

@Coastal Bend, what's your preference regarding re-launch? Does Picard get several weeks R&R time before launching on the next leg, or do you want to get him underway while Kirk's completing the first leg?
Are you starting the lists over from the top down or bottom up?

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
Are you starting the lists over from the top down or bottom up?
Sorry if this wasn't clear. Each box will switch to the other team and travel the same path as the first box -- except for those few (6 I think) that had to opt out of the second half of the pass.

Everyone that has a different member to send to because of the opt outs has been contacted. If you can't recall check your PMs.

In other news...the box arrived from @blackmouth210. I see what he meant about all the tape, but I couldn't capture it in a photo. Reminds me of the joke about the old farmer that was asked when he was going to wash his truck.

"Why never, sonny. The dirt's all that's holding this old gal together."

Merk3030

Well-known Member (Tee Hee)
Patron
Sorry if this wasn't clear. Each box will switch to the other team and travel the same path as the first box -- except for those few (6 I think) that had to opt out of the second half of the pass.

Everyone that has a different member to send to because of the opt outs has been contacted. If you can't recall check your PMs.

In other news...the box arrived from @blackmouth210. I see what he meant about all the tape, but I couldn't capture it in a photo. Reminds me of the joke about the old farmer that was asked when he was going to wash his truck.

"Why never, sonny. The dirt's all that's holding this old gal together."
Thanks. I forgot what the plan was and suppose was too lazy to go back and read up...