What's new

Box Pass

StompyMcFat

Easy killer, I think @StompyMcFat had to have his spine surgically reconstructed after trying to lift the box last time. Try not to throw in more than you take.:whistling:
No joke! The box got bigger and bigger last time. There were tins, baggies, pipes, pouches, at least one nice pocket knife and a cash envelope to help with shipping! It was crazy. I remember the last guy to get the box was APO/FPO. There was enough stuff by the end to supply a few squads or a platoon. Give and take is the best way to be. If everyone puts in three times what they took, it gets unshippable quickly.

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Patron
No joke! The box got bigger and bigger last time. There were tins, baggies, pipes, pouches, at least one nice pocket knife and a cash envelope to help with shipping! It was crazy. I remember the last guy to get the box was APO/FPO. There was enough stuff by the end to supply a few squads or a platoon. Give and take is the best way to be. If everyone puts in three times what they took, it gets unshippable quickly.
How is that claw meer treating you? I was sorely tempted, but I remembered you getting excited at the prospect and kept my paws off it.;)

StompyMcFat

How is that claw meer treating you? I was sorely tempted, but I remembered you getting excited at the prospect and kept my paws off it.;)
I'll have to post a pic soon. I smoked that thing a lot in March as it's my only complete meer. (I have a billiard bowl that a friend bought at a garage sale, and will probably send it to Norwoods for a stem one day) it smokes cool. A bit of gurgle when pushed, but that just keeps me in lower gear with my cadence! Not much coloring yet, I need to just smoke RLP-6 thru it for awhile.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
We have just about as many signed up for George as we did for No Offense. We'll leave it open for a couple of more days and then George will start packing and getting ready to hit the road.

I think I've hit everyone back with a "Like" or a short note as I recorded the sign-up. If you got no response to your message it could be I just got tangled up and forgot to hit the button, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to hit me back just to check.

lowercaseG

One more bump. Sign-ups have tapered, so it could be that everyone that wants to get on board already has a seat. How about we leave it for one more day and then call it? At that point it will take some work -- and maybe some adult beverages -- to work out a route for George to take and then to pack his box.
First time I'm seeing this thread! I'm in

StompyMcFat

@StompyMcFat
What type of hijinks and shenanigans might one encounter?
Fair question.
The generosity of this board will be on full display. There will be some nice additions to the box. Last time I expected a "no offense" pass to be a small box of aros that most people don't like. There was 20 year aged half and half, a bunch of McClelland, Esoterica, and GH stuff that were not passed on due to the smoker not liking them, but out of kindness.
There will probably be other goodies. I wont commit to anything specific, but you'll see. Last time someone made snuff out of Nocotania Rustica. No idea who died from trying that.
We may be generous but we are also conniving. If you see some pressed Carter Hall in a Penzance tin, I wouldn't be shocked. I would say pressed CB grape, but that would ghost up a favorite pipe pretty bad. George will also be pretty quick to arrive. Most people only keep the box for a day or two.