What's new

Box Pass

CMAsailor

Foam makes water wetter.
Patron
A brief overview of the rules around George's filing, theme, and shipping size max would be appreciated. I havent played for a few years, but I seem to remember the large or medium flat rate box being the size we all had to stay within?

*the one I was involved in included pipe stuff, and wet shaving supplies. I still buy some of the stuff I tried in that box. Good times.

blackmouth210

A brief overview of the rules around George's filing, theme, and shipping size max would be appreciated. I havent played for a few years, but I seem to remember the large or medium flat rate box being the size we all had to stay within?
I have been through a few of these dating back to our PSF days and have never seen a box-pass stay within any size limits set at the start.

I was lucky enough to have purchased a refrigerator right before one pass got to me.
The box the fridge came in sure was handy to have around by the time I was shipping off to the next victim. :puffy:

I remember ruff just about begging for folks to take out at least as much as they put in.
But, hey...we're knuckleheads...even with our generosity.

So, I can't speak for @Coastal Bend -- but for his sake, I'll just say, "PLEASE really try hard to take out as much as you put in".

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron

*the one I was involved in included pipe stuff, and wet shaving supplies. I still buy some of the stuff I tried in that box. Good times.
You've heard of herding cats, right? OK. Given that understanding I'll say the last box pass started modest, with about a shoebox size load and ended, after one or two "upgrades" along the way, the size of a small moving box -- but still one of the official USPS boxes.

Hopefully no one will need a refrigerator box on this go around, but it's good to know @blackmouth210 is always prepared. (Have you been shopping for any other appliances, @blackmouth210 ? How about a piano?)

Everyone should keep in mind this is a Pass -- not a Collection. The idea is to share along the way. We're not passing the hat for some final recipient. I know, I know, this is a generous group and everyone finds it much easier to add something than to take anything. I fully understand the box will grow some as it moves along the route. Just try to keep it within reasonable bounds. Remember not everyone has a forklift to take the box to the curb for the mail pick-up. :roflmao:

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
Any particular theme to this one. Or open to all tobaccos?
Theme? I've left it kind of flexible this time around. The last one was supposed to be for blends that had gotten good reviews or praise from others that you tried and didn't care for -- hence the "No Offense" tag. That was the intention, but it seemed to stray widely from the mark quickly after launch. (Note: Reference back to "Herding Cats." :whistling:)

Hopefully as George-the-Box travels around the country participants will post some comments about the contents and maybe even photos. This is supposed to be fun.

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
:banane09::puffy:Looking forward to it
I am as well.

unfortunately, there's never gonna be a box pass that I can participate in because I live in germany,
but watching the pics was great fun.

I was thinking about a euro version of this, but even though I live close enough to the french border
to be able to send it there as well, as far as I know it would still be illegal which of course could not
be done within the rules of this forum.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
I am as well.

unfortunately, there's never gonna be a box pass that I can participate in because I live in germany,
but watching the pics was great fun.

I was thinking about a euro version of this, but even though I live close enough to the french border
to be able to send it there as well, as far as I know it would still be illegal which of course could not
be done within the rules of this forum.
Regrettable that by its nature box passes are pretty much Continental US operations. Glad you can join us in spirit.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
A brief update -- while trying to remind myself this is supposed to be fun. Fun. Right? :shakehead:

George is packed and labeled. He should be on the way to the first victim -- er -- participant later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm starting to send out addresses and a few very brief notes. I have a system, but had to take a break because my mind started to get tangled. I'll keep working on getting names/addresses out -- but not until after I take a breather.

To get a rough idea of the route, George will start in Texas, travel west to the coast, take the northern route back to the East Coast, work his way down the coast before moving through the Midwest, through the South to Florida and then back to Texas before a final stop overseas.

cajunrph

Figuring out life, one puff at a time.
Patron
Well I have a pound of Ball Headed Teacher that I'll never smoke up. A good portion of that will go into the box. And I'll check my stash to see what else. Not sure I'll make it to the Briar Shoppe to pick anything local up. I do have some left over from the the last time. Anyway looking forward to George's arrival.

cajunrph

Figuring out life, one puff at a time.
Patron
Oh, Bald Headed Teacher is fine. It's the talk of the better part of a "pound" that makes us breath a little harder. :roflmao: Feel free to include some. If I were downstream from you I'd love to be able to dip into some of that -- but we need to moderate the additions, plus be willing to make some subtractions.
Haha. I wasn't going to add the whole pound. May be three quarters of a pound. :lol2: