Briar and resin

Grrrrr609

I use Alumilite clear, which I believe is a polyurethane.
Awesome. that is what I am using. I have both clear and clear slow and i usr casters choice mica powders. I picked up clear slow for casting a commission of pens. Wasn't sure how it would go so i chose the slow to give me more time. Its no problem that I have to leave it in my pressure pot longer.

Awesome. that is what I am using. I have both clear and clear slow and i usr casters choice mica powders. I picked up clear slow for casting a commission of pens. Wasn't sure how it would go so i chose the slow to give me more time. Its no problem that I have to leave it in my pressure pot longer.
My only advice would be that if you're casting for stems get cosmetic grade mica. Just to be safe.

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
I use Alumilite clear, which I believe is a polyurethane.
I googled that a while ago and it did say on the manufacturers homepage (in the safety instructions you can download there)
that it is polyurethane.

That viking horn is just awesome. you've been on my list for a commission pipe for a while, and once I get the funds together,
this is one of the designs that would appeal to me. If this doesn't survive smoking, I'd have an idea about how to reinforce it.
a friend of mine actually pointed that out to me when I was telling him I was trying to find a way to cast bent churchwarden polyester
stems.

what did those pipes sell for? unfortunately, it doesn't show on the etsy page. just so I know how much money I've gotta
put aside before I can call you.

BTW what makes you think they might not survive being smoked. certainly - like any nice pipe - you don't wanna drop them,
but the material seems strong enough if not handled carelessly.

Last edited:
I googled that a while ago and it did say on the manufacturers homepage (in the safety instructions you can download there)
that it is polyurethane.

That viking horn is just awesome. you've been on my list for a commission pipe for a while, and once I get the funds together,
this is one of the designs that would appeal to me. If this doesn't survive smoking, I'd have an idea about how to reinforce it.
a friend of mine actually pointed that out to me when I was telling him I was trying to find a way to cast bent churchwarden polyester
stems.

what did those pipes sell for? unfortunately, it doesn't show on the etsy page. just so I know how much money I've gotta
put aside before I can call you.

BTW what makes you think they might not survive being smoked. certainly - like any nice pipe - you don't wanna drop them,
but the material seems strong enough if not handled carelessly.
I'll message you about commission.

I'm sure they will survive smoking perfectly.
I just don't know for sure yet. I'm smoking the Strawberry at the moment and is performing with no problems. A few more weeks smoking will give me confidence.

I have been messing with several types of resin for a long time... I am actually thinking about adopting this general idea and seing where I get with it.
Does any of the makers think this is considered "stealing ideas"?

obviously I don't think I'll get anywhere as nice a result as badshoggoth is, but it just itches in my hands to give this a try.