Sold! Broke my promise to Mrs Squatch

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
"Are you taking time off?"

Yes dear.

What else would I be doing out here?

I put blocks away sometimes, in a separate drawer. Usually because they look really nice, or have a unique shape or size. This was perfectly ordinary in cut, but had a very fine crust, usually indicative of very fine grain below. This came out great, but the grain isn't the eye-popping tiger-stripe of some of the Italian and Greek wood, and I'm 90% sure this is Algerian (I got it from a retiring maker years back) because it had the waxy feel typical of Algerian. It smelled very sweet in cutting which can't be a bad thing. Anyway, a good quality smooth, nice grain all over, big pillowy birdseye all over the bottom of the pipe, and an antler shank adornment, made from real ant, and ebonite for the stem.

IMG_0575.JPG

The chamber is tall and skinny, 3/4" by about 1 3/4", so that's probably a flakey size. The pipe was finished with oil, no stain, it's a beautiful old block and deserved to shine on its own merits.

IMG_0565.JPG

Not quite 6" from chin to button, and 57 grams of pipey pipe.

350.00 all in, comes with a fuzzy bag and a collectable cardboard mailer from U-line.

And another stainless one, this is Italian wood, just a wee little pipe 5 1/8" long and about 1 1/2" high all told, oval shank.
IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

This is a super clean little block, nice grain everywhere. Just a dead plain little pipe made from wonderful stuff. Ebonite on this little guy as well, and he weighs just 28 grams. 3/4" chamber by about 1 1/4" tall. Definitely flakey, possibly virginia flakey even. Possibly continental virginia flakey rather than British Isles. I dunno. Could be BS too.

Anyway that little guy's 325 USD all in.

There is a smooth lovat and a blasted billiard coming, both smallish, so just keep that in mind if you are in a tizzy.

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
Algerian ain't what it used to be.

What's being pumped now is crap, I got 20 pieces 5 years ago, I don't know if I got one smooth. Yazid used to have good stuff, maybe still does, I dunno, he's a fkn crook in my book. He used to have a grade called Tassili, and this would have been that stuff.

gnossos

the pineapple on your pizza
Patron
Algerian ain't what it used to be.

What's being pumped now is crap, I got 20 pieces 5 years ago, I don't know if I got one smooth. Yazid used to have good stuff, maybe still does, I dunno, he's a fkn crook in my book. He used to have a grade called Tassili, and this would have been that stuff.
Well now we need a story. Go bang some whiskey and tell us about the crook.