BST pic thread...

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
Yeah, I mean, I can pretty regularly pick blocks that should blast well, and I can almost always tell ones that won't (if the grain is too tight, you can't really get much detail). I mean, Mimmo, for example, his Grade 3 is not so much a 3 as being worse than a 2, but more a block selected for sandblasting. But even then, no sometimes you blast and half the pipe melts and the other half doesn't move, or it cuts but doesn't reveal any detail... that apple of Steven's a few posts above is one I fought like hell. And the pot from the same supplier blasted just beautifully. Whaddya do. And sure as hell I don't have the patience to spend 9 hours blasting a pipe with some sort of micro nozzle, I'll leave that stuff to the guys who like it.

DannoH

Patron
I don't buy many pipes these days, but everyone here knows how it is.

I had been talking to @Sasquatch about a full bent for what seems like years, even picked out a few likely blocks in his shop. We had been thinking smooth, but this came out pretty nicely blasted, so no complaints from me. The stem is acrylic, and the colour, as I understand, is known in pipemaker parlance as 'poop swirl'. Todd is nothing if not classy.

Surlysoul

Sales

I had been talking to @Sasquatch about a full bent for what seems like years, even picked out a few likely blocks in his shop. We had been thinking smooth, but this came out pretty nicely blasted, so no complaints from me. The stem is acrylic, and the colour, as I understand, is known in pipemaker parlance as 'poop swirl'. Todd is nothing if not classy.

That pipe is awesome.

MadEel76

Patron

+1 for the poop swirl!