What's new

BST pot

Fr_Tom

PSD Chaplain
Old Ted Award Winner
It has been about 2 years since acquiring a BST pot, and I thought maybe a longer term review might be in order.

I smoked a pound of tobacco in it the first month I had it, and have smoked it at least once a day since then. I use the "next to largest" Castleford reamer in it probably every couple of weeks to keep the capacity from being diminished too much by cake. I gets a pipe cleaner w/o being taken apart usually if I am reloading it warm. Usually once every two or three smokes, it gets taken apart at room temp and a doubled-over pipe bristle pipe cleaner goes down the shank. I have not done anything about the exterior - no wax, buffing, being OCD about oxidation, etc. The pipe seems somewhat more resistant to rim cake than your average pipe. I am not sure just why that is. It is probably some Sas-science.

It has been a great smoker. The pipe is light (low 30 g range), and it clenches well on either side of the mouth. The button is especially nice for my preferences, and I have always found it sits nicely. The vulcanite/ebonite/whatever is fairly hard, and it has been farly resistant to teeth marks despite being comfy.

It has been an outstanding pipe.

BST_review1.jpg
BST_review2.jpg

Fr_Tom

PSD Chaplain
Old Ted Award Winner
You write in the past tense like you may no longer have it. ?
I still have it. I was smoking it when I did the review and took it out of my mouth for the Fr_Tom "pipe-in-hand" shots.

You haven't drilled it out yet to increase the chamber diameter?
This one already came with a 7/8 in bowl. Good question though...

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
Take you pick:
I wonder if Todd has Pot at the show.
Im sure after this recommendation Todd will be be producing more Pot.
This pot smokes great. I need another.
Todds Pot comes packed in a baggy.
Theres something about Todds Pot pipe.
I only find one stem with Todds Pot.
Please don't make these kinds of jokes on PSD.

On topic-
Nice pipe Padre.

Fr_Tom

PSD Chaplain
Old Ted Award Winner
If I remember that pipe it had nearly a 1:1 chamber geometry. Perfect for the pot shape. That Sasquatch guy might make a good pipe but those pipe socks sure do soak up the spills. ;)
I just checked depth using a pipe nail/tape measure - not the most precise measuring. I claim it is 1 1/8 in deep (maybe 1 1/16), so close to 1:1.

JustScott

That's an awesome pipe. I love a good pot.
I just checked depth using a pipe nail/tape measure - not the most precise measuring. I claim it is 1 1/8 in deep (maybe 1 1/16), so close to 1:1.
It's extra funny to me that this is my usual method too. Got some calipers, but not enough motivation to get them out and be "professional" when I have a pipe nail/golf tee next to the pipes and a tiny tape measure that's always in my pocket.