What's new

Bummer

Tobias Tobit

I think somebody posted on Facebook that it's because some Dutch guy complained about his package being rejected by customs. This triggered the people at Laudisi to check the actual rules in Netherlands and Belgium. Since in both countries there are legal issues with importing tobacco they decided not to ship to these countries any longer.

Marco

I think somebody posted on Facebook that it's because some Dutch guy complained about his package being rejected by customs. This triggered the people at Laudisi to check the actual rules in Netherlands and Belgium. Since in both countries there are legal issues with importing tobacco they decided not to ship to these countries any longer.
If you look at smokingpipes the list is much longer than Netherland and belgium almost complete europe.

Tobias Tobit

Just heard that 4Noggins also stopped shipping to Belgium, it's harder and harder to get the tobacco you like. Especially if you almost exclusively smoke GL Pease blends like me. Don't know why but I just like the stuff unfortunately there is only one place in Europe that sells these blends and ask about 24$ for a 2oz tin. So it's about twice the price that I'm used to paying.

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
Patron
Just heard that 4Noggins also stopped shipping to Belgium, it's harder and harder to get the tobacco you like. Especially if you almost exclusively smoke GL Pease blends like me. Don't know why but I just like the stuff unfortunately there is only one place in Europe that sells these blends and ask about 24$ for a 2oz tin. So it's about twice the price that I'm used to paying.
Just recieved a notification that my last order from smokingpipes is destroid by the custom here in Belgium.luckely another order from 4noggins is delivered today.
Now hoping that my 2 other orders coming soon.
if you want to be certain to receive your order, any EU country allows for you as the customer to make a customs declaration beforehand,
pay the fees and then give email the forms to the company you're buying from. I'll let you know how that works soon, as I am going to do
that with my next @Robert Perkins commission pipe.

Tobias Tobit

if you want to be certain to receive your order, any EU country allows for you as the customer to make a customs declaration beforehand,
pay the fees and then give email the forms to the company you're buying from. I'll let you know how that works soon, as I am going to do
that with my next @Robert Perkins commission pipe.
It does not work in the Netherlands since importing tobacco into the country is prohibited by law. Making a customs declaration will make things worse 😩

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
Patron
It does not work in the Netherlands since importing tobacco into the country is prohibited by law. Making a customs declaration will make things worse 😩
if that is prohibited, how do you guys get any tobacco at all?

That said, I would not mind importing a tin or 2 more and trading it for something every once in a while...? Of course I will have to check things first and
see if I actually get that importing done. I have already done the paperwork for that aori number you need to make customs declarations.

Rotherdale

Pelargonium Graveolēns Et Sāpo
Patron
Reading between the lines, it looks to me like there has been a concerted effort by the various EU Customs authorities to clamp down on cross-border sales - the excuse seems to be the requirement for warning labels to be of the prescribed type and in the native language of the receiving country

In addition the EU Tobacco Directives give member states the option, not requirement, to ban tobacco through the post and maybe more countries have taken the option

Either of the above explain Belgium Customs destroying a tobacco shipment (rather than charging tax and fees) as mentioned in a post upthread

The Danish Pipe Shop stopped all worldwide shipping for tobacco in November last year .. they have explained the reasons on a post on the website, the full link is below but the snippet here says it all

"As a retailer and an online dealer of tobacco and related products we get vibes from the world on a daily basis with packages being refused and sent back from countries all over the world – and lately also more and more attention from foreign authorities.
The best example is the Italian authorities blocking our website for a while in spring 2018. Also, most countries now have a ban towards private import of tobacco and demand that all tobacco have local written warnings and naturally local taxes paid

Linky : https://www.danishpipeshop.com/n/No-tobacco-outside-Denmark-i7825.html

For me, I may order some baccy from the US during the expected post-Brexit Customs chaos hoping they slip through :poke: :bigyellowgrin:

Tobias Tobit

if that is prohibited, how do you guys get any tobacco at all?

That said, I would not mind importing a tin or 2 more and trading it for something every once in a while...? Of course I will have to check things first and
see if I actually get that importing done. I have already done the paperwork for that aori number you need to make customs declarations.
Since Germany and Spain are the two countries in Europe that smokingpipes still sends packages too I think you're in luck. But I have to say I don't know anything about German law.

About the tobacco we can get, sure we are limited to tobacco that is imported and approved by the Dutch government and has a Dutch tax stamp, but every now and then I go on a shopping sprey in Germany. Get some tobacco from Thomas Daransz or HU or Peter Heindrichs. So it's not to bad. The law prohibits importing tobacco trough the postal service but not bringing it with you from your holiday up to a certain amount. Really weird but that 's how it works.