Canada pipe smokers

Matthewlucas

Hey guys, fairly new to pipe smoking, i have an mm cob pipe, it's great, but I'm looking for something else now as well, I live in a small town in alberta with no pipe stores near me. Just wondering if there's a good place to buy online here. Looking for something smaller like a savinelli lolita.

DannoH

Vive le tabac.
Patron
Hey guys, fairly new to pipe smoking, i have an mm cob pipe, it's great, but I'm looking for something else now as well, I live in a small town in alberta with no pipe stores near me. Just wondering if there's a good place to buy online here. Looking for something smaller like a savinelli lolita.
You can buy pipes and tobacco in AB from the few shops that still exist in places like Calgary and Edmonton. Shipping tobacco across provincial borders is a no go, but you could buy pipes and have them sent to you within country. If you want access to any sort of variety (and saner pricing), it's best to find vendors south of the line that will ship to you.

Matthewlucas

You can buy pipes and tobacco in AB from the few shops that still exist in places like Calgary and Edmonton. Shipping tobacco across provincial borders is a no go, but you could buy pipes and have them sent to you within country. If you want access to any sort of variety (and saner pricing), it's best to find vendors south of the line that will ship to you.
I've been ordering online from a shop in ontario that ships to me in alberta. But paying 40 to 50 for a tin plus shipping is kinda getting on my nerves. I'll keep using 4noggins for my tobacco. Thanks for the suggestions I'll be sure to show which one i get.

Green Drake

Patron
There’s also Synjeco in Switzerland. They’re pricier than the US but have actual product in stock, so there’s that. Shipping cost is about the same as from the states.
Briar Blues and Pulvers Prior Briar are great for estate pipes, @Sasquatch and @DannoH have ordered new pipes from some Italian shops, plus the artisans in PSD produce some nice pipes too.

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Staff Member
It's the same all over, I mean, Epicure in Calgary has a few tins and their house blends, but of course with Mc Clelland closing, I wouldn't be surprised if half those blends were defunct too.... the choice around here is pathetic, although I did stumble across a pouch of Mr B's English the other day. The truth is that even if you get nailed with every bit of tax, it's cheaper to buy from the states, and that's what most of us do. Buy a few tins at a time and pay what you have to. There's no other way to get Gawith, Pease, McConnell, etc. If you ever want to be ripped off on a crappy pipe feel free to contact me, that's kinda my specialty.

Lunter

It's the same all over, I mean, Epicure in Calgary has a few tins and their house blends, but of course with Mc Clelland closing, I wouldn't be surprised if half those blends were defunct too.... the choice around here is pathetic, although I did stumble across a pouch of Mr B's English the other day. The truth is that even if you get nailed with every bit of tax, it's cheaper to buy from the states, and that's what most of us do. Buy a few tins at a time and pay what you have to. There's no other way to get Gawith, Pease, McConnell, etc. If you ever want to be ripped off on a crappy pipe feel free to contact me, that's kinda my specialty.

This is how I built a good cellar. I use 4noggins a lot. One thing in Canada though is you can still find old stock tobacco like McClelland if that is your thing and the Lakeland blends - you are just going to pay $50 a tin.

I don't have a BST pipe though so I can't speak to just how crappy sasquatch's pipes are...

Matthewlucas

I order from a place in Ontario that has gawith and mr bs english for 35 bucks for 50 grams. 45 for gawith. But shipping charges go up with more Tins. So I found another one in ontario that the shipping stays the same rate and they have gawith and Peterson blends. I can find the websites url if you want them.

Matthewlucas

I went with the Avitus Pipe Shape 49. 50 bucks and I also got a 25 gram tin of sam gawith navy flake.

Screenshot_20200624-185642_Chrome.jpg

Matthewlucas

Perfect. I'm surprised they'll ship interprovincially - I was under the impression that it was a big nono, but whatever.
I thought so too. People buy weed online all the time illegally. I understand there's a grey area for certain shops that opened before the law came into effect or something along those lines.

Top Bottom