What's new

Castello's Unique Briar

Colorado0321

I do sorta kinda wonder if Castello don't sauce the pipes with something - I have noticed a tiny bit of staining in some chambers - but I don't know what it would be. I went as far as to lick the last one I bought, thinking it might taste like sugar or shellac or something.... it didn't, disappointingly, it tasted just like Italian briar, and nothing else. Bitter cork.
Since you mentioned the color of the briar and them staining the chambers, I wanted to share my Castello with its stained red chamber. Was wondering at first if it was some kind of red briar at first, but peering into the shank dismissed that notion.

Anyway, two half bowls in and I did get some cedar taste throughout each smoke, particularly at the very bottom of the bowl. I wouldn't doubt that some of that is the draft hole getting a little scorched up like you mentioned.

sablebrush52

Patron
Since you mentioned the color of the briar and them staining the chambers, I wanted to share my Castello with its stained red chamber. Was wondering at first if it was some kind of red briar at first, but peering into the shank dismissed that notion.

Anyway, two half bowls in and I did get some cedar taste throughout each smoke, particularly at the very bottom of the bowl. I wouldn't doubt that some of that is the draft hole getting a little scorched up like you mentioned.

It seems odd that they would stain the chamber walls. Are you sure it's not an Italian made Peterson?

Peacock

Resident Hipster
Patron
it's as convincing as it is easy. Some things are out of your control, why make a hassle of it? I try to focus on what I can control/ change
and take those other things as a surprise. Naturally not every surprise is a pleasant one, but there are many of those as well. Life's
complicated enough without us trying to make up a rule where there isn't one from an objective stand point, right?
This comment resonates with me, like many of your others. You are a very centered individual @Sir Saartan

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
This comment resonates with me, like many of your others. You are a very centered individual @Sir Saartan
Thank you.

I‘m a very sensitive person to start with, so unless one finds something that works for you, worries and empathy will drive you mad at some point.
I guess that’s what makes you centered and helps you focus.

A good friend of mine uses an expression for describing me that roughly translates as „I‘m resting within myself“. I can see why he feels that way, but I‘d more precisely change it to „I‘m restless within myself“.
It‘s much more a necessity in my life which I seem to have found a way of handle quite well than it is an actual character trait.
While this can be a struggle, it‘s also something that gives you strength. And fortunately it is a skill, which means it is something people can actively learn to improve their lives. If you see this as an improvement.

Peacock

Resident Hipster
Patron
Thank you.

I‘m a very sensitive person to start with, so unless one finds something that works for you, worries and empathy will drive you mad at some point.
I guess that’s what makes you centered and helps you focus.

A good friend of mine uses an expression for describing me that roughly translates as „I‘m resting within myself“. I can see why he feels that way, but I‘d more precisely change it to „I‘m restless within myself“.
It‘s much more a necessity in my life which I seem to have found a way of handle quite well than it is an actual character trait.
While this can be a struggle, it‘s also something that gives you strength. And fortunately it is a skill, which means it is something people can actively learn to improve their lives. If you see this as an improvement.
It takes serious mental fortitude to explore your 'id' in such a way... And come out with a perspective on how to assuage it.

Oh, and count me in the camp that thinks fresh Castello briar also has a unique scent.

Scrrtt, how's that for a segue?
1556603925537.gif