Check out my great great grandfathers pipe!

ajl67

I look in the bowl at all the cake and wonder if it’s from hi smoking, there must be a layer there from him, did any of the others that took ownership smoke out of it, if not that’s all his tobacco build up which i th8ngs is pretty damn cool myself.

JamesM

Uninformed Expert
Patron
Are you sure it's pressed???
No, not 100%. I e-mailed a guy about it, and he said it was pressed and there was a great number of them made in an almost assembly line like fashion. But, I’ve always heard that pressed meerschaum doesn’t color all that much.

The guy that I e-mailed was Charles Strom. I can’t remember where I got his name to ask, but I’m pretty sure it was on a website while googling any info on the pope right after I got it.

xrundog

Old Pipe Dude
Sales
I’ve seen those pipes on eBay and never really thought about it, but it makes sense that it’s pressed. The decoration has a molded look to it. It just dawned on me that I have one with smooth sides and a silver engraved rim. The weight is all wrong for block meerschaum. I guess all those old little juice can sized pipes are all pressed. Huh! Who knew?!?

I’ve seen those pipes on eBay and never really thought about it, but it makes sense that it’s pressed. The decoration has a molded look to it. It just dawned on me that I have one with smooth sides and a silver engraved rim. The weight is all wrong for block meerschaum. I guess all those old little juice can sized pipes are all pressed. Huh! Who knew?!?

don’t quote me on that, that’s just what I was told. It does make sense tho!

Top Bottom