What's new

Chicago Pipe Show 2019

Adam Bybee

Sales
I don't drink but I have spent a considerable amount of time observing the shenanigans at the show. Friday night is a night of debauchery - more so than Saturday because by then most people are too chewed up to keep up the pace. After around 10pm bottles of liquor seem to sublimate upon opening.
There's also just more people around on Saturday night, and a higher proportion of them are the folks that actually came for the show. The Thursday and Friday night crowd are the real dedicated hedonists.

I like the way you think.
You're hired as my finance guy.

I will pay you in shop seconds, ok?
This is starting to sound a lot like a "yes"

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Patron
28"]At least stay Saturday night, Thats when the best/worst of the fun happens.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that is the weekend when I have the kiddo over, and the issue of arranging someone to look after my dogger complicates it as well. It is what it is, so I hope to make the best of what I've got.:thumb-yello:

28"]

Unfortunately that is the weekend when I have the kiddo over, and the issue of arranging someone to look after my dogger complicates it as well. It is what it is, so I hope to make the best of what I've got.:thumb-yello:

That’s fair, as long as you don’t do what @mongo did a couple of years ago and forget to go home!

It was his daughters Prom I think? I distinctly remember him being in the doghouse for that.

mongo

That’s fair, as long as you don’t do what @mongo did a couple of years ago and forget to go home!

It was his daughters Prom I think? I distinctly remember him being in the doghouse for that.
In my defense... I didn’t want to drunk drive back just to watch pics be taken. Yeah, caught some serious carp for that. Had the very same scenario the following year... so I curtailed my whiskey intake until after I got back from pics.
So, for this year... I asked if the Freshman go to prom, (yeah, got another kid in HS now) and Mrs Mongo said “do whatever you want” when I mentioned getting a room.... since we all know what THAT phrase means... I’m doing it anyway. I’m used to the doghouse.

Billy Joe

Patron
In my defense... I didn’t want to drunk drive back just to watch pics be taken. Yeah, caught some serious carp for that. Had the very same scenario the following year... so I curtailed my whiskey intake until after I got back from pics.
So, for this year... I asked if the Freshman go to prom, (yeah, got another kid in HS now) and Mrs Mongo said “do whatever you want” when I mentioned getting a room.... since we all know what THAT phrase means... I’m doing it anyway. I’m used to the doghouse.
You are my new hero.:cool:

Langridor

Patron
I mean, it’s not like proms are a once in a lifetime thing. They happen all the time. You’ll get more chances to look the the stodgy old man standing in the corner.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
Anyone have any feedback on the dinner? Although Pheasant Run is on the good guy lost for hosting the event, the food there tends to be 'meh' on its best day. Perhaps the experience makes it worth it? What say you?
I have only had the dinner once and the food was very good. The company even better. The logistics... Well I live alone in a cabin so it was a bit much for me to share food with that many other dudes.

Anyone have any feedback on the dinner? Although Pheasant Run is on the good guy lost for hosting the event, the food there tends to be 'meh' on its best day. Perhaps the experience makes it worth it? What say you?
The more you drink the better it tastes. Lol.

I did it the first year and it was just too big. It is a huge room that is filled with probably around 500 people. It was typical catering hall fare. Not bad. I didn’t get sick or anything.

There are several dining options in the area.

I did the Saturday dinner like three times and the free one the first twice.

The free one, you get what you pay for, unfortunately you also get 500 other people looking for a free meal and they all want fed now

The cigar dinner it’s called now on the Saturday costs like $45 and is good quality food, I’ve been lucky and met good people so have always enjoyed it.

All of that said, the bar also does food and I don’t have to put on a tie for that meal...