Cigar leaf blends

Bigk40k

La Brumeuse is the thick cut.
Reserve du Patron is the regular and pretty much the same as most ribbon cuts.
La Volute they call an XXL cut but it kinda more a thick corse cut.
Smokingpipes has them all right now except for Reserve du Patron
Any one is great the taste is like nothing else but gives a real cigar like mouth feel.

Logs

All of the Warped blends are very good. King's Stride is amazing if you want a very robust cigar blend. Cloud Hopper and Until the End are also great. The Haunting is my least favorite of the group, but even that one's not bad--just a little rough.

I don't know why the blends haven't found a bigger fan-base--they're pretty much unique and easily the most cigar-focused of all the pipe blends out there. Maybe it's the odd brand name that hurts them. In any event, it's definitely worth the time to take a tour of this brand.

Chico

Personally...? Want a pipe, smoke a pipe!!! Want a cigar, smoke a cigar!!!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
That's like saying "if want a VaBur blend smoke a cigarette!!!". Cigar leaf in pipe blends is just another blending component - it's not intended to duplicate or replace cigars. To quote myself when this came up before: 'Any minute now somebody might post something like, "why would would anyone smoke cigar blends!? If you want a cigar, smoke one!" But I think a skillfully made blend that includes some cigar leaf can be really unique and satisfying."

https://pipesmokersdens.com/threads/cigar-leaf-in-a-pipe.2405/#post-77080

RevSmoke

That's like saying "if want a VaBur blend smoke a cigarette!!!". Cigar leaf in pipe blends is just another blending component - it's not intended to duplicate or replace cigars. To quote myself when this came up before: 'Any minute now somebody might post something like, "why would would anyone smoke cigar blends!? If you want a cigar, smoke one!" But I think a skillfully made blend that includes some cigar leaf can be really unique and satisfying."

I think I began my reply with the word Personally...
You know, everybody has their own tastes.

But, according to you, I am wrong for having my own personal tastes? Hmm, interesting!

By the way, I'd rather smoke a cigarette than a VaBur blend... (Yeah, not a fan of Burley). Again, that's my opinion!

And I believe that the best cigar tobacco is put into cigars, this means that the cigar tobacco put into pipe blends isn't the best! Of course, that again is just my PERSONAL OPINION, a guess on my part, but...

I have been smoking a pipe (& cigars) since about 1980! I have tried MANY of the cigar blends that have some out over the years. So, like I said above... PERSONALLY!!! Want a pipe, smoke a pipe! Want a cigar, smoke a cigar! PERSONALLY, that is my preference.

By the way, Chico! I am glad you enjoy them. You might even be able to give some assistance to Shoebox1.1, assistance I would not be able to render because I did not find any cigar leaf pipe blends I enjoy!

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Smoke what you like, and enjoy it!

JRobert

Nuclear Moderator
Staff member

Agreed -- and note that the OP did not ask "Which pipe tobacco blends taste like a cigar?" -- the original question was "What are some other cigar leaf blends you’d suggest?"

To keep with the "quote yourself" theme:
Despite its name, I don't think cigar leaf makes a pipe blend taste like a cigar (if you want a cigar, smoke a cigar). I think cigar leaf gives a blend strength and "body" -- words like "robust" and "thick" are often used in reviews of these blends. I have tried a few of these blends, but only have one in regular rotation (Habana Daydream).

I still like Habana Daydream (and both Peretti 500 and Cuban Blend), but if I had to pick one favorite cigar-leaf blend today, I'd go with John Patton's Oriental Dusk. It does not taste like a cigar, it tastes like an extra-rich oriental blend.

And a link (again): https://pipesmokersdens.com/threads/cigar-leaf.3317/