What's new

Cigar Leaf

Watchmaker

I like this thread. I tried adding a pinch of bulk cigar leaf from C&D to several pipe blends but wasn't happy with the results. My thought is it is just one kind of leaf so it adds one flavor. What I think might work better is to chop up my favorite cigars and put them in jars labeled for each. A cigar isn't just one leaf. It has been blended with many leaves to achieve a certain overall flavor... just like pipe tobacco. I'm hoping adding the new cigar "blend" to some pipe tobacco would give it much more of a robust flavor.

buistd

Sales
Sorry to revive an oldish thread. I got to a point where I was pretty much only smoking blends with cigar leaf in. All of the John Patton cigar leaf-containing blends that I tried were big hits. Dark Horse was my favourite of those. GL Pease Key Largo was in my top 3 all time.

I think everyone interested in cigar leaf blends owes it to themself to try Watch City Cigar The Churchwarden. Excellent stuff. And while you're there, try their Nor'easter.

Yosemite

123 is imo high quality and full flavored but smoking it makes me wish I had enough time to smoke a cigar.
I agree, high quality and full flavoured...I just finished my first bowl of Robert Lewis 123 a little while ago.... I really enjoyed it...I've never smoked a cigar so perhaps the cigar leaf it the taste I can't quite put my finger on... it had good flavour, it never got harsh or dull and produced a nice thick smoke with no bite...it burned with very few relights... I noticed the nicotine but it wasn't too much (I'm a nicotine lightweight)... I look forward to many more bowls ahead
Photo on 2-1-19 at 10.27 PM.jpg