complaints about price increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Hughes

I'm wondering if manufacturer/distributor prices went up, because Tobacco Pipes is not one to gouge based on demand.
That's what I'm thinking too. I find their prices to be fair typically, but this was a little high I thought.

** Also, sorry about the typos everyone. I get in a rush typing and my autocorrect kills me. You wouldn't believe how many times I've smoke a "pie" according to the internet.

Alwayslit

SP has a web page just for typos: http://smokingpies.com/

Regarding prices, 4Noggins has similar prices on SG (but out of stock on almost everything), and cupojoes prices are similar too. I think we are just going to have to get used to price increases.

https://4noggins.com/tobacco.html?manufacturer=94
https://www.cupojoes.com/pipe-tobacco/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=74

4Noggins has the best prices out of the big retailers this go around that is why they are out of stock.

SeanConnery

Sales
G&H and SG products have been under-priced from a retail perspective.

There are a few large consolidated companies that have etail operations that predatory price imports. They make your local B&M selling at non-gouge prices look like gougers. I also think that one of the business strategies of the consolidated companies is to price imports cheaply to make their tinned brands look like premium products in comparison.

etailers are afraid of speaking up about it since the consolidated companies are also wholesalers of tobacco they carry.

Imagine if congress passes the house bill that bans online tobacco sales and suddenly you look around and there are no stores left around you. Because you and everyone else just kept buying where it was cheapest instead of organizing your pipe clubs to visit your legislative reps to get pipe tobacco excluded from RYO and Cigarette legislation.

Find online shops you can support, and buy your products from them. Stop chasing a few dollars as the time spent doing that is money as well. And write your congress critters every chance you get.

The Skiff for 30 was a P&C pricing error guaranteed. I have a friend who used P&C cash cards bought with sitewide discounts to buy skiff at below wholesale price.

And I mean... the price he paid was 9 dollars per box under wholesale.
Might be, but the price for a box of Skiff on their site is stil $30.79. It was this price all last week until they sold out. They are out of stock now, so myself and others got lucky.

jpberg

The Worst Thing about the Internet
Staff member
Sales
G&H and SG products have been under-priced from a retail perspective.

There are a few large consolidated companies that have etail operations that predatory price imports. They make your local B&M selling at non-gouge prices look like gougers. I also think that one of the business strategies of the consolidated companies is to price imports cheaply to make their tinned brands look like premium products in comparison.

etailers are afraid of speaking up about it since the consolidated companies are also wholesalers of tobacco they carry.

Imagine if congress passes the house bill that bans online tobacco sales and suddenly you look around and there are no stores left around you. Because you and everyone else just kept buying where it was cheapest instead of organizing your pipe clubs to visit your legislative reps to get pipe tobacco excluded from RYO and Cigarette legislation.

Find online shops you can support, and buy your products from them. Stop chasing a few dollars as the time spent doing that is money as well. And write your congress critters every chance you get.
A translation may be due. If you like the tobacco, buy it and shut the fiddle sticks up. Store front, website, eBay, some scumbag selling Penzance for 150 bucks a bag, just buy it if you want to, and instead of bitching about the price if it doesn’t suit you, just don’t buy it.

SeanConnery

Sales
Might be, but the price for a box of Skiff on their site is stil $30.79. It was this price all last week until they sold out. They are out of stock now, so myself and others got lucky.
If I had to guess as an outside observer, P&C sourcing people (the people who buy from wholesalers) and the people who set the prices they list, aren't the same people.

Status
Not open for further replies.