complaints about price increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
I remember hearing people say "Why would you ever pay money for water in a bottle when you can drink it for free".
We got one of those free-standing office water coolers for our kitchen last year. Both of us agree that was *the* best purchase of 2019. Just have to run down to the machine outside the drug store every 2 weeks to refill 5 bottles @ $2/ea, other than that it's cold very pure water or very hot tea-steeping temp. Water cooler life is great. MUCH better flavor/ease/cost than Brita/Pur pitcher and faucet filters we used before.

Swede

We got one of those free-standing office water coolers for our kitchen last year. Both of us agree that was *the* best purchase of 2019. Just have to run down to the machine outside the drug store every 2 weeks to refill 5 bottles @ $2/ea, other than that it's cold very pure water or very hot tea-steeping temp. Water cooler life is great. MUCH better flavor/ease/cost than Brita/Pur pitcher and faucet filters we used before.
The rest of the world is baffled by that. After breathable air, having private corporations owning your water, putting it in a bottle and selling it back to you at their convenience must be the ultimate scam?

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
The rest of the world is baffled by that. After breathable air, having private corporations owning your water, putting it in a bottle and selling it back to you at their convenience must be the ultimate scam?
Really we are just paying for the 7-stage filtration, we own the the 5gal bottles and refill them at the machine for $0.40/gal. It's been cheaper than the disposable filters by quite a bit.

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
In this case I think having tap water drinkable is the intelligent choice?
We pay for tap water though, and have hard water here so we filter it. It pretty much evens out: Pay for tap water + expensive disposable filters or Pay for pre-filtered (much better filtration method) water. I think it's almost even in cost for less work, less garbage, better water. Seems intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.