What's new

Sold! Cool old unsmoked cob $15

Ozark Wizard

You do realize how large that list is going to get right?
Maybe.....

I'm working on collecting Diplomat cobs. They seem the best candidates for the work. Nice thick walls that can take the bottom getting beveled, and playing with materials to make the diamond shanks. Same thing with the stems/bits. I'm looking at stems from Vermont Freehand for those. My biggest concern is finding metal ferrels. Those may not happen... Though I might try copper tubing I shape... We'll see.

Smokesum

Maybe.....

I'm working on collecting Diplomat cobs. They seem the best candidates for the work. Nice thick walls that can take the bottom getting beveled, and playing with materials to make the diamond shanks. Same thing with the stems/bits. I'm looking at stems from Vermont Freehand for those. My biggest concern is finding metal ferrels. Those may not happen... Though I might try copper tubing I shape... We'll see.
I would love to see a thread where you show your experiments and progress with this project. Both the ideas that work out and those that dont. Corn dogs are unicorns for many of us cob lovers. There are small cobs sold as blanks for pen turners and I've wondered if the could be used to fashion stems.

Fr_Tom

PSD Chaplain
Old Ted Award Winner
Maybe.....

w00t! I will be interested to see how these turn out.

Wooda

Cob Cobbler
Sales
Maybe.....