What's new

Cornell & Diehl: Jolly Old Saint Nicholas

Big G

After half a dozen or so bowls of C&D Jolly Old St. Nicholas I'm finding I enjoy it more with each bowl. The tin note for me is like you poured a bottle of Orange Crush together with a bottle of Ginger Ale. Quality base tobaccos that burn well without any bite. Burns cleanly & tastes great. The orange is fairly subdued, comes through intermittently, and no where near as strong as the delicious Rattray Exotic Orange. I don't taste ginger really. Terrific room note. A definite keeper!

tipofthelake

Have you ever seen the rain?
Patron
After half a dozen or so bowls of C&D Jolly Old St. Nicholas I'm finding I enjoy it more with each bowl. The tin note for me is like you poured a bottle of Orange Crush together with a bottle of Ginger Ale. Quality base tobaccos that burn well without any bite. Burns cleanly & tastes great. The orange is fairly subdued, comes through intermittently, and no where near as strong as the delicious Rattray Exotic Orange. I don't taste ginger really. Terrific room note. A definite keeper!
Not related to the blend at all, but 50:50 orange crush and ginger ale is delicious, as is strawberry in the same proportions.

I purchased a tin for the season and was pleasantly surprised on the smell when you first open it. You can smell the orange liqueur right off the bat and it was a constant enjoyable smoke. Will be buying a tin of it every year before the season.

headrott

Purchased a couple tins about 3 weeks ago. I have yet to open a tin and try it though. I almost finished my last tin of Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose. I may have to wait for next Christmas to try this blend. Does kinda want to make me order another tin or two based upon the positive reviews here.

headrott

I purchased a tin for the season and was pleasantly surprised on the smell when you first open it. You can smell the orange liqueur right off the bat and it was a constant enjoyable smoke. Will be buying a tin of it every year before the season.
Typically, these Christmas blends are a limited release. Not as limited as the "small batch", but for instance Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose is pretty much gone. I would buy some sooner than later. You may be able to get it next year, but if it's a popular blend, once it's gone it's gone.

PappyJoe

Senior Chief
Patron
Especially with the FDA deeming regs, the Christmas Blends may soon be a thing of Christmases Past. I bought a tin of Jolly Old St. Nicholas when it first came out in early November. I now how four tins in my cellar and I am considering buying more.

dryan

Especially with the FDA deeming regs, the Christmas Blends may soon be a thing of Christmases Past. I bought a tin of Jolly Old St. Nicholas when it first came out in early November. I now how four tins in my cellar and I am considering buying more.
I got five tins to keep for the future (I had 6, but gave one to a pipe smoking coworker for Christmas). I went through half the original tin before Christmas and think I'll just jar the rest till next Christmas. At that rate I'll have it for.... 11 more years? Kind of like how I'm rationing my Christmas Cheer; still on my first tin I got in 2015 and will probably be another 2-3 years till its gone. At this rate I'll never want for it.