WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Old Ted Award Winner
Yes it reminds me of when I mix dark flake with latakia
827251-E2-17-AB-4-DDD-A4-A3-F598838-A4-BC5.gif

FrankHall

Sales
I just had my first smoke of Revor plug. Digging around for threads on it, this is the most current that hasn't been shut down.

As usual, I smoked it first, came up with my own thoughts, then read Jim's review. I was really expecting to see something about Latakia, as I detected it, just as did @DannoH . I only have two plugs (and I love it) so I don't expect it to last long. While it has a little of the Lakeland (but not too much), I found it to just be a deep, heavy, rich smoke that I could easily smoke repeatedly. There was definitely some strength to it, but it won't kill you.

I was thinking that I need to work on a substitute for when I run out. Haven't tried anything yet, but I'm thinking 3/4 Dark Flake Unscented + 1/4 Plum Pudding. Will also try the same with Kendal Kentucky, or maybe even a mix of both and the Plum Pudding.

As far as McConnell's Latakia, I have some and really enjoy it, but Revor Plug does not remind me of it other than the small amount of Latakia in Revor. But I'll give it another go and see.

Would love to hear more from others on this - it really seems like a great smoke that we should be able to get in the U.S. (mine originally came from Synjeco)

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Old Ted Award Winner
Excellent review @craig! I just packed my 1.5 plugs away but I need to pull them out and try again. I remember thinking a strong DFK component more than latakia but hey - taste is so subjective right? @beaupipe wrote some really really excellent posts on it way back that I was reading the other day.
I haven’t smoked any Revor plug since I quit liking the taste of Latakia. Huh.

gnossos

borschtlord
Patron
I figured out that the latakia they use in it is Syrian. They just don't want anyone knowing because it's the last of their stash from the Before Times. That's also why newer smokers can't really tell the difference in the nuance between DFK and Syrian in this blend, they've never smoked it, or not enough to be familiar with it.

You heard it here first.

FrankHall

Sales
I figured out that the latakia they use in it is Syrian. They just don't want anyone knowing because it's the last of their stash from the Before Times. That's also why newer smokers can't really tell the difference in the nuance between DFK and Syrian in this blend, they've never smoked it, or not enough to be familiar with it.

You heard it here first.

Your explanation makes the most sense of anything I've heard. I am really enjoying it, and maybe it's the Syrian's doing.

gnossos

borschtlord
Patron
Your explanation makes the most sense of anything I've heard. I am really enjoying it, and maybe it's the Syrian's doing.

as much as i would love to start a rumor, as soon as i see someone think i’m speaking in earnest while doing so i feel bad and have to pull the plug

revor is just revor, some things aren’t meant to be known.

but just between you, me, and the lamp post revor has syrian latakia and i encourage the creation of this myth

myths are good

Bach6032

as much as i would love to start a rumor, as soon as i see someone think i’m speaking in earnest while doing so i feel bad and have to pull the plug

revor is just revor, some things aren’t meant to be known.

but just between you, me, and the lamp post revor has syrian latakia and i encourage the creation of this myth

myths are good

< i feel bad and have to pull the plug > ....and you thought nobody would catch your use of the pun.