craigs opinion on falcon pipes.

Tortuga

Like a numbskull I got rid of my Shillelagh only because I don't care for Meerschaum and that bowl I had went perfectly with the stem. I still have a black falcon and a few bowls that still get use. That morta bowl was made by Basil Meadows which I still have but don't smoke, I'm not a fan of morta either.
Both are gorgeous but the second one, yowza!

C

Cap'n Terrible

I'm slowly getting used to those falcons and such, but I must say that to my eye a pipe made
mostly from metal doesn't look right.
A pipe is both a tool and an aesthetic object. Although I like Falcons and recently picked up an estate lot of 10 (mainly In order to get the antique pipe stand that came with them} their form clearly emphasizes the 'tool' aspect of pipes.

badbusinessman

What does the goat say?
Patron
I love Falcons. I went through a period where I had FAD, and now have an unreasonable number of them. A tip I got from Falconeer that takes Falcons from good to great: open up the draw at the bottom of the bowl where it meets the metal cylinder by beveling it with sandpaper, knife, countersink or scissors.

Rotherdale

Pelargonium Graveolēns Et Sāpo
A tip I got from Falconeer that takes Falcons from good to great: open up the draw at the bottom of the bowl where it meets the metal cylinder by beveling it with sandpaper, knife, countersink or scissors.
One of the stalwarts on the old PSF used to swear by this - Grimpeur, if memory serves - I think I'm going to give this a try on one of my bowls