craigs opinion on falcon pipes.

craig

I just checked the GQ Tobacco website. More choices, and costs less...even with shipping to the US. 🤔
yes I have noticed that with falcons sold abroad they are much more savagely priced. I was looking on a Spanish tobacconist website for amphora prices and noticed they sold falcons for €85!!! that's about £70!!!!
I can get them from my usual tobacconist for about 35

M

mdromero

I just checked the GQ Tobacco website. More choices, and costs less...even with shipping to the US. 🤔
James Barber Tobacconist in the UK is another good website to shop for Falcons and Falcon related accessories. I think they carry the full line of Falcon pipe/tobacco pouches and roll ups. GQ and James Barber are my two go to UK tobacconist. I've been a customer of both for years and recommend them.

craig

I find that dry rings restrict the air flow
I haven't found they restrict the airflow as I snip off the little metal tail but when they are saturated they make a horrendous gurgling noise.
but on the other side of the camp they do help in clean up as the goo is mostly absorbed so it is just a quick wipe round and you don't have to unscrew the bowl mid smoke to shake out the gunk.
So it's really what you weigh up plus and minus wise.

M

mdromero

I have not experienced any issues yet using dry rings or cut pieces of pipe cleaner in the humidome, always a good draw and no gurgle for me. I do however find having to dump and clean the humidome after every one or two smokes very tedious and inconvenient, other than that I enjoy smoking them when I have time to fiddle with them. They have not become the primay smokers I would have liked them to be, too maintenance dependent for me on the go.

Ray Mackessy

I don't use dry rings either. I'll unscrew the bowl mid smoke and dump the goop if I'm smoking an aromatic. Otherwise I'll take the bowl off after my smoke and clean the humidome out. Usually I'll wait until the bowl cools down as Falcon recommends. Of course you can take a hot bowl off as long as you don't make a habit of doing so. Falcon says the threads in the bowl can be damaged if you continuously remove a hot bowl over time.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn.
Patron
I have not experienced any issues yet using dry rings or cut pieces of pipe cleaner in the humidome, always a good draw and no gurgle for me. I do however find having to dump and clean the humidome after every one or two smokes very tedious and inconvenient, other than that I enjoy smoking them when I have time to fiddle with them. They have not become the primay smokers I would have liked them to be, too maintenance dependent for me on the go.
I wipe the humidor with a tissue before each smoke. To me it's not a major deal/maintenance. Everyone draws their own line. (I suppose if a person really wanted to go maintenance heavy they could get a Kristen.)