What's new

Custom Baki Meerschaums "The Red Series"

Next is a Lovat. Once again a crappy drawing however this time I said that I wanted the shank to be round.

View attachment 23265

The outcome must have been derived from a fairly hefty piece of meerschaum. It feels very sturdy and is far too large to clench but it's exactly what I asked for! I love that the bowl shape is conventional and has a slight down angle to make it aesthetically pleasing.

View attachment 23266
View attachment 23267
View attachment 23268
This is the meerschaum I've been searching for since I started the pipe! Beauty!

Siv

Mg4Si6O15(OH)2·6H2O
Sales
Come on, level with us: how many of these have you actually gotten to enjoy? :)
There's a small story here which I'm not sure if I'm ready to share but I honestly haven't smoked any of these pipes. Since I have too many pipes, these are all sitting in their cases waiting.

And on to the next one. I don't have a "inspiration" picture to share but I did send a couple of photos of a tomato shaped briar that I liked the look of. This is one of my favourites:

tomato1.jpg
tomato2.jpg
tomato3.jpg
tomato4.jpg
tomato5.jpg

Ozark Wizard

There's a small story here which I'm not sure if I'm ready to share but I honestly haven't smoked any of these pipes. Since I have too many pipes, these are all sitting in their cases waiting.

And on to the next one. I don't have a "inspiration" picture to share but I did send a couple of photos of a tomato shaped briar that I liked the look of. This is one of my favourites:

View attachment 23945
View attachment 23946
View attachment 23947
View attachment 23948
View attachment 23949
My eyes are extremely pleased with that!

Siv

Mg4Si6O15(OH)2·6H2O
Sales
There are three red series pipes I know of that I didn't buy - I wonder if anyone here bought them?

One that got away No.1: I'm generally not a fan of carved or rusticated meers. I have some but they're not what I gravitate towards. So while this is a lovely looking pipe, it's just not for me so I passed.

!cid_0D0756604FC04399B53E469B31E468B3@WHITEBOWL - Copy.jpg

One that got away No.2: Another crazy design, based on a silly drawing I sent. Due to a small flaw in the block, there is some rustication at the top which totally threw it off for me. I think Deniz took this back to Baki and had him make something else - not sure what happened to this pipe in the end. It was for sale but I don't know if anyone bought it!

spsitterC1.jpg
spsitterC2.jpg
spsitterCdet1.jpg

One that got away No.3: Now this one didn't show up in the lot that Deniz showed me yet he put it up for sale on his site and Fred Bass bought it before I had a chance. I think the shape is called the "Pharaoh". It's a lovely pipe and truly one that got away as I would have bought it in a heart beat given the chance. The image is from his estate sale

Red Pharaoh.jpg

One that got away No.4: I have no idea about this one - looks to be another that Fred snatched. A Tokutomi style blowfish. I have one myself but without the red trim.

1_42519e21b7abf8a6c11108735a788ffc.jpg